OCMS Infrastructure Analyst
Metro Trains Melbourne
Job Type: Full time
Metro moves you around Melbourne.
As the city’s metropolitan rail service, Metro operates 226 six carriage trains across 998 kilometres of track, transporting 450,000 customers each day. We aim to encourage the Melbourne community’s vibrant and ever evolving lifestyles, by providing a seamless transport solution to keep individuals connected.
With 15 lines, 222 stations and services seven days a week, Metro can take you wherever you’re headed across the city, whenever you want to go.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Infrastructure Analyst is responsible for analysing a wide range of complex projects, working closely with business units / technical teams to understand their business and information needs in developing and writing the business cases (Project brief) in order for the delivery team to execute.
- Investigate and document business requirements using a range of tools and techniques including interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process analysis, scenarios, and task/workflow analysis.
- Develop key project artefacts including scoping documents, requirement documents, business cases, feasibility and options assessments, process maps, operational and user documentation, prototypes, communications plans etc.
- Collaborate with the technology teams and subject matter experts to propose the business and technical solutions including to-be business processes, bearing in mind trade-offs between scope, time and cost.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile differences and gaps, deconstruct information into more easily accessible details and distinguish requests from the underlying true needs.
- Manage and prioritise requirements throughout the project lifecycle, review issues captured during development and testing and support defect resolution.
- Perform change and communication management activities for simpler projects where a dedicated change and communications resource is not available.
- A relevant postgraduate qualification with 5+ year’s relevant experience, or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training.
- Ability to identify, assess and support stakeholders needs and engage strategically to achieve project goals and objectives.
- Thorough experience leading business analysis activities on IT related projects including:
- Business analysis planning and monitoring
- Requirements analysis and elicitation, including functional and non-functional requirements
- Requirements management and communication
- Enterprise analysis
- Business process improvements, and
- Solution assessments, implementation and validation.
- Demonstrated analytical, problem solving, influencing and negotiating skills.
- Experience working in both Agile and Waterfall environments.
WHY WORK FOR METRO
- Full time permanent opportunity
- Opportunity to work on significant projects that are contributing to modernising Melbourne's Metropolitan Network
- Metro supports work life balance and we would like to hear from you about what flexibility means to you.
- Metro employees receive a free MYKI pass that allows free public transport in Melbourne
Metro Trains is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We encourage all interested applicants to apply.