Operations Rail Testing Manager
Metro Trains Melbourne
Job Type: Full time
At Metro Trains, we get you where you need to go. Connecting people and places is made possible by our people who make a positive difference to every journey. We strive to reflect the community we serve and support the needs of our people who are critical to our success. With Zero Harm at the foundation of everything we do, we want everyone to get home safely. We are one team, helping to connect and shape a better Melbourne.
The Projects team at Metro are range of dedicated teams pursuing project delivery and engineering excellence for the expanding suburban railway, which serves Melbourne, one the most liveable cities in the world.
The Metro Tunnel Project (MTP) is a transformational public transport project that will bring more trains to your suburb and reduce travel times by running the busy Cranbourne, Pakenham and Sunbury lines through a new tunnel. By untangling the City Loop, more trains can run more often across Melbourne.
We’ve finished digging twin 9km tunnels, and construction is underway on 5 new stations and testing of the new High Capacity Signalling system that will enable turn-up-and-go services.
Rail Network Alliance has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Rail Operations Testing Manager to join the MTP Team.
We are seeing an experienced Rail Operations Testing Manager that will support in the delivery of projects within the operations and testing space.
You’ll lead this drive and will be responsible for planning and executing extensive campaigns of real-world operational trials that demonstrate the rail its way is operatable, reliable, resilient and maintainable in readiness for passenger service.
This role is a fulltime, max term. As an MTM employee, you will have access to free travel along the network.
About the role
- You’ll develop and delivery strategies for delivery of operational trials in support of assurances cases for entry into passenger service.
- Manage planning and logistics for operational trials including coordinating operators, maintainers, train transfer and stabling
- Programming and scheduling operational concept and operational testing activities.
- Ensure alignment of trials aims and results with systems assurance and business readiness needs to ensure each trial adds value.
- Manage delivery of campaign plans, test procedures, Test Cases and Test Scripts for each operational trials campaign
- Leading trials teams and test participants during execution, including real time decision making and managing unforeseen events, changes, limitations and test failures
- Ensure all testing activities are conducted with integrity and transparency
- A strong focus on safety and ability to identify and intervene in any unsafe situations that may present. You’ll also assess operational testing and generate evidence reports.
- Ensuring defects (technical and operational) found during trials are managed and rectified.
- Run expert review, progress, delivery and executive level forums and report trials results to a variety of stakeholders.
- You'll have experience in an operational testing environment, understanding test cases and scripts for trail campaigns
- The operators/maintainers are prepared and ready for trials
- The resources and logistics are planned and available,
- The trials site is safely and effectively managed, configured and maintained
- The trials campaign is executed safely, efficiently and delivers a clear result that achieves all of its test aims.
- The evidence gathered is processed and used to support evidence-based claims of safety and readiness ahead of entering service.
Who are we and why work at Metro?
At Metro, we get you where you need to go. Connecting people and places is made possible by our people who make a positive difference to every journey.
Since 2009, Metro proudly continues to operate and maintain a world-class train service and network through to delivering significant transport projects that will shape how Melbourne moves.
We strive to reflect the community we serve and support the needs of our people who are critical to our success.
With Zero Harm at the foundation of everything we do, we want everyone to get home safely. We are one team, helping to connect and shape a better Melbourne.
What’s on offer
We offer a range of great benefits, including 4 weeks of annual leave, professional development & health, and wellbeing initiatives. Beyond this, here’s why our people say they chose Metro:
- Work for a multi-award-winning rail operator with great career development opportunities.
- Be part of an inclusive, diverse, and supportive company made up of various backgrounds, cultures, and experiences.
- Work-life balance options including flexible working arrangements, 14 weeks paid parental leave, and purchasing up to 4 weeks of additional leave per year.
- All eligible Metro employees receive a free Myki Pass that allows free Public Transport in Victoria
- Access to a wide range of corporate discounts including healthcare, fitness, finance, and more.
How to Apply and Next Steps…
If this role resonates with your values, experience, and career growth, then please apply before Wednesday 29th March and help connect people and places for a growing Melbourne!
Don’t meet every single requirement? As an inclusive and diverse workplace, we encourage all applicants to apply.
Metro is committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a positive, barrier-free recruitment process for candidates with specific access needs. Candidates who require adjustments are encouraged to declare this in their application, so that the contact person for the position can discuss your needs.
The recruitment and selection process for this position might require shortlisted applicants to undertake Psychometric Assessment, Pre-Employment Health Assessment and background checks that might also include Criminal History and Credit Checks.
Metro’s commitment to a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture
Metro acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land on which the Victorian rail network operates, the Wurundjeri Woi Wurrung and Bunurong peoples of the Kulin Nation.
At Metro, we know that a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is a more innovative and successful one that reflects the communities we serve. We strive for a workplace where everyone is treated fairly and respectfully. A workplace that provides equitable access to opportunities and resources. Where individuals can bring their whole selves to work and be recognised and rewarded for their contribution to collective success.
Metro is committed to fair, equitable and merit-based employment and recruitment practices, and we encourage all interested applicants to apply.
We are One Team, One Metro.