Senior Training Lead - Passenger Experience
Metro Trains Melbourne
Job Type: Full time
Metro Trains Melbourne (MTM) is a multi-award-winning organisation and we pride ourselves on our team of high performing talented professionals who are safety and delivery focused and are at the core of our success. You will be joining an organisation that is known as a leader in its field but also prides itself on being dynamic, embracing new technologies and focused on customer service. We are passionate about promoting work/life balance so our people feel comfortable to bring their best to work, and to truly be focused on a common goal which is to provide a world class railway service.
We have an exciting 2-year Max-Term opportunity for a Senior Training Lead to join the Metro Academy team in the Passenger Experience space. The role will lead and manage a team of Trainers to deliver a suite of engaging, thorough and compliant passenger experience programs for Metro and external parties. You will develop and implement training support and remedial strategies when required and support the delivery of other initiatives in consultation with stakeholders.
- Ensure all programs meet the requirements of our regulated environment and adhere to all legislative requirements including a) with the Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA) responsible for regulating accredited courses and training providers to ensure nationally approved quality standards are met, and b) the Office of the National Rail Safety Regulator (ONRSR) responsible for regulating railway operations and rail safety
- Conduct work in accordance with the Vocational and Education and Training (VET) Quality Framework (VQF)
- Build strong, credible relationships with senior leaders, Metro Academy employees, students and Rail Safety stakeholders, operating as a trusted adviser and subject matter expert
- Deliver and oversee the use of high-quality training and assessment materials that provide the best balance between student needs and compliance requirements
- Maintain a proactive focus on continuous improvement of training and assessment materials.
- TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment, or to enrol in the Certificate IV in Training and Assessment and to complete the qualification within an agreed time period not exceeding 6 months
- Relevant industry, education and training experience to the level of those being taught for Leading Station Assistants or Authorised Officers
- Experience in supervision and development of staff and resources
- Self-starter who drives performance and continuous improvement in all aspects of their work
If what you’ve read resonates with your values, experience and career aspiration then we want to hear from you! Please submit your application and an updated CV by no later than 2nd April 2023.
Metro Trains is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We encourage all interested applicants to apply but please note only applications with the right to live and work in Australia will be considered for this position.