Operational Readiness Manager
Metro Trains Melbourne
Job Type: Full time
Metro Trains Melbourne (MTM) is a multi-award winning organisation and we pride ourselves on our team of high performing talented professionals who are safety and delivery focused, and are at the core of our success.
You will be joining an organisation that is known for being dynamic, embracing new technologies and focused on customer service. Our aim is to promote work/life balance feel comfortable to bring their best to work, and to truly be focused on a common goal which is to provide a world class railway service.
Become part of a talented and passionate team to support the Melbourne Airport Rail (MAR) project.
We are currently looking for a Operational Readiness Manager to facilitate MTM operations functions reaching a state of operational readiness (OR) prior to Day One Revenue Service of the Melbourne Airport Railway Project (MAR).
To be successful, new assets and processes must be proven safe and reliable to operate and maintain, and the operator fully prepared to deliver a robust and reliable level of service from day one opening. Key to this role is establishing influential relationships across Metro Trains Melbourne (MTM) Operations business functions, Rail Projects Victoria (RPV), Integrated Program and Systems Team (IPAS) and MAR Package Teams. This role reports into MTM operations, but has matrix reporting lines to MTM projects and to the Operations & Maintenance pillar of the IPAS.
This is a unique and exciting role as you will support several project delivery packages and gain exposure to multi-disciplinary teams that will enable you to develop your capability and build a long-term career with Metro.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Leveraging your experience to lead the implementation of the OR strategy and provide effective leadership across multi-discipline teams responsible for the planning and delivery of operational readiness activities.
- Effective management and oversight of alignment with key project and MTM stakeholders across key OR workstreams including People Readiness, Process Readiness, Systems & Infrastructure Activation, Trial Operations and Transition to Opening.
- Implementing best practice OR delivery through benchmarking and applying lessons learnt from other projects, including but not limited to the Metro Tunnel Project.
- Prepare an integrated MAR Operations resourcing and recruitment plan and an integrated Training Delivery Plan. Liaise and coordinate with the business leads on the timely implementation of these plans to ensure we have right people at the right time and right place.
- Identify People and Process related changes and manage the Change Manager to complete the Change Impact Assessment. Plan and manage the People and Process Readiness activities arising from the assessment outcome, including the preparation / update / publication of MTM operational procedures, and integrated risk acceptance, and liaison with business leads on potential or emerging risks and issues.
- Further develop the MAR Trial Operations Strategy, Management and Delivery Plans for the execution of MAR Trial Operations activities, including Procedure Validation Exercises, Drills and Exercises, Reliability Growth Trips, Timetable Proving, and the associated resources provision.
- Further develop and execute the Operations Migration Plan and the Countdown Plan together with the MTM stakeholders for the management of transition to operations activities, including working timetable endorsement, organization capability, passenger engagement, and operational logistics.
- Develop and maintain MTM OR reporting for all stages of the MAR Project, escalating issues to the MAR Head of Operations.
- Prepare OR Report providing overall assurance and evidence on the readiness of the aforementioned key OR workstreams and obtain endorsement on the OR Report from IPAS and the MTM Change Control Board.
- Tertiary qualification in Engineering, rail operations, project management or related discipline; or equivalent demonstrated experience.
- Demonstrated experience in leading operational readiness within a major rail project change programme essential.
- Experience in programme management, major project governance, progress reporting and project management techniques essential.
- Experience managing a team and setting objectives into attainable goals and planning.
- Demonstrated experience in complex projects and understanding impacts to end users and delivering project outcomes in an environment of high complexity and high change.
- Knowledge of digital railway systems (eg CBTC or other modern signalling systems, Building Management System, Control & Monitoring System) is desired.
- Ability to schedule work priorities to ensure deadlines are strictly adhered to whilst managing complex situations, having solid problem solving and negotiating skills.
- Ability to maintain a professional approach with all personnel across all levels and foster a team orientated culture.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally & written will all levels of stakeholders.
- Strong attention to detail, ability to write reports and manage time effectively.
This is a fantastic and dynamic opportunity to build on the career you have developed to date and be part of the legacy that ‘connects people and places for a growing Melbourne’.
If what you have read resonates with your values, experience and career aspiration then please submit your application by Sunday 2nd April 2023.
Please note a Police Check / Health Assessment and current Victorian driver’s license is required for this position.
Metro Trains is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We encourage all interested applicants to apply but please do note that only applications with the right to live and work in Australia will be considered for this position
Why work for Metro?
- Attractive Remuneration: Excellent pay and corporate partner benefits / discounts
- Career Progression: Career development support and opportunities to learn new skills within a multi-disciplinary environment
- Vibrant and Ambitious Team: A collaborative team of passionate people who are dedicated to delivering projects that improve the safety and reliability of Melbourne’s rail network
- Permanent Opportunity: Our ongoing involvement in the exciting pipeline of major rail projects
- Benefits: Free Myki travel across Victoria and other great corporate discounts
- Work-Life Balance and Hybrid Working: We encourage flexibility and wellbeing; you will manage your own schedule and we will support you to thrive in your role. MTM supports flexible working arrangements.