Team Leader Community Education
Metro Trains Melbourne
Job Type: Full time
Metro is a multi-award-winning organisation, and we pride ourselves on our team of honest, high performing professionals who are talented, inclusive, safety focused on the core of our success.
Why Work with Metro Trains?
- Join a high performing team at one of the world's leading railway operators.
- Excellent remuneration with great career development opportunities.
- Included Myki Card for yearly travel + corporate discounts
The Community Education Team (CET) plays a central role in Metro’s Community Investment and Education Strategy, On Track, to deliver important community support and resources. The strategy has four focus areas - safety, mental health, inclusion and community involvement.
The CET Leader will guide delivery of a structured education program to increase rail safety awareness and build confidence of our passengers as they travel on Melbourne’s rail network. Leading a team of five community educators, you will work cooperatively and creatively to develop and oversee delivery of rail safety sessions to students and community members. You will also deliver other parts of the business strategy to build strong community networks and enhance the reputation of Metro.
The role is located at 700 Collins Street office, with flexibility work from home on a full-time basis.
- Develop and deliver a best practice rail safety education program that anticipates and accommodates audience needs
- Lead and build a collaborative team environment and coach, guide, and support the professional development of team members
- Develop material that is current, consistent with Metro operations and brand guidelines and that is engaging with a variety of audiences
- During periods of leave, step in to deliver rail safety sessions to community/education groups
- Establish and monitor measurement tools that can provide feedback on the effectiveness of the program
- Develop and deliver a calendar of community education activities and events to spread key rail safety messages and promote Metro and its services
Qualifications & Experience
- 2+ years’ experience in leading and coaching a team
- Developing, co-ordinating and/or delivering education and or training materials to a variety of audiences
- Strong written and oral communication skills and experience in preparing communications and/or community engagement plans
- Demonstrated strategic thinking skills and proven problem-solving capability.
- Microsoft Office suite technical skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and/or Power BI (or alternative database system)
The successful candidate will be supported in the achievement 22335VIC Certificate III in Public Transport Customer Service and Compliance (10 weeks paid training) and maintaining the relevant qualifications of an Authorised Officer.
This is a fantastic opportunity to build on the career you've developed to date and take it to the next level by making a tangible impact that matters. If what you’ve read resonates with your values, experience, and career aspiration then we want to hear from you! Click the apply button today!