Senior Lead Test Automation Engineer
Metro Trains Melbourne
Job Type: Full time
At Metro, we get you where you need to go. Connecting people and places is made possible by our people who make a positive difference to every journey.
Since 2009, Metro proudly continues to operate and maintain a world-class train service and network through to delivering significant transport projects that will shape how Melbourne moves.
We strive to reflect the community we serve and support the needs of our people who are critical to our success. With Zero Harm at the foundation of everything we do, we want everyone to get home safely.
We are one team, helping to connect and shape a better Melbourne.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Senior Lead Test Automation Engineer, you will have overall responsibility to create and setup the testing automation frameworks, tool sets, processes, and ways of working to ensure the projects and initiatives are delivered effectively and efficiently. You will directly, and indirectly lead a team of automation testers, and lead all testing automation activities across the delivery portfolio.
- Working in close collaboration with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders, including vendor resources, to influence and agree on ways of working on projects
- Set direction on testing automation framework, tools selection and standardisation, and processes and ways of working for the testing automation team
- Working closely and collaborate with various business, BAU operation, and technical and functional delivery teams to identify business critical & high priority regression/progression opportunities and maintaining regression test suite for core applications to be re-used on projects and BAU releases
- Lead and contribute to testing incident/defect triage & resolution meetings
- Tertiary studies with a suitable IT, Engineering, or equivalent discipline
- Preferably ISTQB Test Automation Engineer or Test Manager certified, or other equivalent industry certification
- Industry experience as an Automation Test Lead or Automation Practice Lead/Manager (at least 5+ years) leading and/or managing small to medium sized automation teams
- Demonstrated prior experience setting up testing automation framework, industry leading test automation tool set selection and standardisation, and streamlining automation processes and practices
- An “Outside the Box” thinker with a pioneering mindset to challenge existing practices & solutions, leveraging modern and industry leading technologies and tools to build/develop new automation capabilities, and facilitate to bring automation capabilities to the wider testing team members, delivery teams and Business SMEs
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills to ensure that both technical and business SMEs are clearly able to understand what a particular problem is and can collaborate and coordinate the efforts of colleagues to achieve problem resolution.
- Prior project experience or exposure to MTM systems and or train control systems, railway IT infrastructure and technologies
WHY WORK AT METRO?
- Work for a multi-award-winning rail operator with rewarding career opportunities that provide you with the support and training to take your career to the next level!
- Be part of an inclusive, diverse, and supportive company made up of various backgrounds, cultures, and experiences.
- Work-life balance options including flexible working arrangements, 14 weeks paid parental leave, and purchasing up to 4 weeks of additional leave per year.
- All eligible Metro employees receive a free Myki Pass that allows free Public Transport in Victoria.
- Access to a wide range of corporate discounts including healthcare, fitness, finance, and more.
If this role resonates with your values, experience, and career needs, then come join us and help connect people and places for a growing Melbourne!
Don’t meet every single requirement? As an inclusive and diverse workplace, we encourage all applicants to apply.
Metro is committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a positive, barrier-free recruitment process for candidates with specific access needs. Candidates who require adjustments are encouraged to declare this in their application, so that the contact person for the position can discuss your needs.
Metro’s commitment to a Diverse, Equitable, and Inclusive culture
Metro acknowledges the Victorian Traditional Owners of the land on which our rail network operates, the Wurundjeri Woi Wurrung and Bunurong peoples of the Kulin Nation.
At Metro, we know that a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is a more innovative and successful one that reflects the communities we serve. We strive for a workplace where everyone is treated fairly and respectfully. A workplace that provides equitable access to opportunities, resources, and where individuals can bring their whole selves to work. In addition, being recognised and rewarded for their contribution to our collective success.
We are committed to fair, equitable and merit-based employment and recruitment practices, and we encourage all interested applicants to apply.