Senior Test Lead
Metro Trains Melbourne
Job Type: Full time
At Metro, we get you where you need to go. Connecting people and places is made possible by our people who make a positive difference to every journey.
Since 2009, Metro proudly continues to operate and maintain a world-class train service and network through to delivering significant transport projects that will shape how Melbourne moves.
We strive to reflect the community we serve and support the needs of our people who are critical to our success. With Zero Harm at the foundation of everything we do, we want everyone to get home safely.
We are one team, helping to connect and shape a better Melbourne.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Metro is looking for two Senior Test Leads to come and join our growing team. The positions will have overall responsibility leading all testing activities within a delivery portfolio, and directly/indirectly lead a team of Testers to direct the work undertaken in the context of allocated projects, matching specific project needs to testing knowledge and specialist skills available including manual, automation, regression, functional, non-functional, and agile based testing.
The role will also provide project testing leadership to ensure that we adhere to the OCMS PMF, and existing testing practices and tools are leveraged to plan, develop, and conduct testing in order achieve successful project-based business outcomes.
- Working in close collaboration with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders, including vendor resources, to influence and agree on ways of working, set testing direction for the project and negotiating path to completion
- Testing activity co-ordination, including but not limited to test strategy formulation, effort estimation, detailed test planning, scheduling, test case creation (JIRA/Xray), test data creation, and test case execution (JIRA/Xray)
- Managing Testing Incident/Defect Triage & resolution meetings
- Create and communicate ongoing Project Test Progress/Status Report
- Identification of high priority regression testing test scenarios and maintaining regression test suite for core applications to be re-used on projects
- Tertiary studies with a suitable IT, Engineering, or equivalent discipline
- Preferably ISTQB Advanced Test Analyst or Test Manager certified, or other equivalent industry certification
- Industry experience as a Test Lead/Test Manager (at least 5+ years) leading and/or managing small to medium sized and cross functional testing team(s), located across different physical and virtual locations
- A seasoned testing professional who can maintain a positive outlook and remain calm under pressure, and used to taking pragmatic approach to negotiate and achieve positive results & business outcomes
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills to ensure that both technical and business SMEs are clearly able to understand what a particular problem is and can collaborate and coordinate the efforts of colleagues to achieve problem resolution
- Prior project experience or exposure to MTM systems and or train control systems, railway IT infrastructure and technologies
WHY WORK AT METRO?
- Work for a multi-award-winning rail operator with rewarding career opportunities that provide you with the support and training to take your career to the next level!
- Be part of an inclusive, diverse, and supportive company made up of various backgrounds, cultures, and experiences.
- Work-life balance options including flexible working arrangements, 14 weeks paid parental leave, and purchasing up to 4 weeks of additional leave per year.
- All eligible Metro employees receive a free Myki Pass that allows free Public Transport in Victoria.
- Access to a wide range of corporate discounts including healthcare, fitness, finance, and more.
If this role resonates with your values, experience, and career needs, then come join us and help connect people and places for a growing Melbourne!
Don’t meet every single requirement? As an inclusive and diverse workplace, we encourage all applicants to apply.
Metro is committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a positive, barrier-free recruitment process for candidates with specific access needs. Candidates who require adjustments are encouraged to declare this in their application, so that the contact person for the position can discuss your needs.