Metro Trains Melbourne
Job Type: Full time
At Metro, we get you where you need to go. Connecting people and places is made possible by our people who make a positive difference to every journey.
Since 2009, Metro proudly continues to operate and maintain a world-class train service and network through to delivering significant transport projects that will shape how Melbourne moves.
We strive to reflect the community we serve and support the needs of our people who are critical to our success. With Zero Harm at the foundation of everything we do, we want everyone to get home safely.
We are one team, helping to connect and shape a better Melbourne.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Working on the Business Mission Critical HASTUS Project, the Test Lead will ensure the development and execution of the project test strategy and test plan(s), ensuring adequate coverage of testing against project requirements (functional and non-functional) and solution design, including testing coverage of upstream or downstream regression impact due to changes introduced by the project.
This is a 24-month maximum term opportunity.
- Lead a team to deliver testing activities, deliverables, and outcome on the HASTUS project
- Maintain stakeholder engagement throughout the project to ensure there is strong buy-in to the business acceptance approach for the new Crew Rostering platform
- Create Test Strategy, Test plan and Test Summary Report and gaining project key stakeholders’ approval
- Test estimation, test scheduling, identifying required test resources and end-to-end coordination of all applicable testing phases
- Create and communicate ongoing Project Test Progress/Status Report
- Creation and Test Execution of manual Test Cases using Xray / JIRA
- Managing Testing Incident/Defect Triage & resolution meetings
- Identification of high priority regression testing test scenarios
- Tertiary studies in a suitable IR or equivalent discipline.
- ISTQB Advanced Test Analyst, Test Manager certified or other equivalent industry certification preferable
- 5-10 years of industry experience as a Test Lead or Test Manager leading small to medium sized and cross functional testing team, located across different locations, physically, virtually, liaison with offshore teams.
- A highly experienced individual, who can lead with the “why we need to test” on a project
- Strong in communication skills, to engage senior stakeholders across business groups & departments, and strong negotiation and influencing skills to influence desired testing outcome
- Someone with “Zero Error” tolerance, and risk focussed on what can go wrong and impact downstream systems and workflows
- Prior project experience with Workforce Management or Crew Rostering systems, or within transportation, especially railway (highly desirable)
- Demonstrated ability to deliver quality testing across Waterfall and Agile project delivery
- Exposure to MTM systems and or train control systems, railway IT infrastructure and technologies (highly desirable)
WHY WORK AT METRO?
- Work for a multi-award-winning rail operator with rewarding career opportunities that provide you with the support and training to take your career to the next level!
- Be part of an inclusive, diverse, and supportive company made up of various backgrounds, cultures, and experiences.
- Work-life balance options including flexible working arrangements, 14 weeks paid parental leave, and purchasing up to 4 weeks of additional leave per year.
- All eligible Metro employees receive a free Myki Pass that allows free Public Transport in Victoria.
- Access to a wide range of corporate discounts including healthcare, fitness, finance, and more.
If this role resonates with your values, experience, and career needs, then come join us and help connect people and places for a growing Melbourne!
Don’t meet every single requirement? As an inclusive and diverse workplace, we encourage all applicants to apply.
Metro is committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a positive, barrier-free recruitment process for candidates with specific access needs. Candidates who require adjustments are encouraged to declare this in their application, so that the contact person for the position can discuss your needs.
Metro’s commitment to a Diverse, Equitable, and Inclusive culture
Metro acknowledges the Victorian Traditional Owners of the land on which our rail network operates, the Wurundjeri Woi Wurrung and Bunurong peoples of the Kulin Nation.
At Metro, we know that a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is a more innovative and successful one that reflects the communities we serve. We strive for a workplace where everyone is treated fairly and respectfully. A workplace that provides equitable access to opportunities, resources, and where individuals can bring their whole selves to work. In addition, being recognised and rewarded for their contribution to our collective success.
We are committed to fair, equitable and merit-based employment and recruitment practices, and we encourage all interested applicants to apply.