Metro Trains Melbourne
Job Type: Full time
At Metro, we get you where you need to go. Connecting people and places is made possible by our people who make a positive difference to every journey.
Since 2009, Metro proudly continues to operate and maintain a world-class train service and network through to delivering significant transport projects that will shape how Melbourne moves.
We strive to reflect the community we serve and support the needs of our people who are critical to our success. With Zero Harm at the foundation of everything we do, we want everyone to get home safely.
We are one team, helping to connect and shape a better Melbourne.
About the team
Corporate Services teams at Metro are responsible for providing essential support services that enable the business to function efficiently and effectively. From Safety and People, Marketing and Communication, to Finance and Legal, and IT. Our Corporate Services teams work collaboratively to ensure that the business operates smoothly and as one team.
We are seeking an experienced Financial Accountant to provide advice around financial and taxation support. You’ll provide advice to the Finance Business Partners on financial, tax and audit requirements. This role will partner with auditors to meet required deadlines for external statutory and compliance audits.
About the role
- Assist with the preparation of statutory accounts reporting
- Manage both the compliance and statutory audits, you’ll influence external auditors to achieve outcomes by agreed timeframes
- Ensure that tax statements and payments are accurate which includes the preparation of BAS, Payroll Tax and Income Tax
- You’ll support the team to prepare and develop financial reporting framework that focuses on monthly balances, cashflow, reconciliations
- First point of contact regarding Fringe Benefit Tax (FBT) and devlier FBT workshops providing guidance and deliver processes for stakeholders across the wider business, whilst preparing FBT returns for managers.
- Prepare employee entitlement calculations and lease journals for compliance with AASB 16 and general ledger reconciliations on a monthly basis
- Tertiary qualification in Business or Accounting related discipline
- Currently holding CPA or studying towards CPA will be highly regarded
- Have an in-depth understanding of accounting standards
- Experience with computer-based systems including advanced skills with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Office
- Experience in the preparation and collation of financial information.
- Communicates with influence with a range of different internal and external stakeholders
- Has the ability to extract, analyse and present statistical data in a clear and concise manner.
If this role resonates with your values, experience, and career needs, then come join us and help connect people and places for a growing Melbourne! Applications close on Sunday 1st October.
Please note shortlisting will commence prior to the closing date.
Don’t meet every single requirement? As an inclusive and diverse workplace, we encourage all applicants to apply.
Please note that relevant screening will be conducted as part of the recruitment and selection process. Dependant on the role, these may include criminal history, credit, qualification, and reference checks as well as a pre-employment medical assessment including drug and alcohol screening.
Metro is committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a positive, barrier-free recruitment process for candidates with specific access needs. Candidates who require adjustments are encouraged to declare this in their application, so that the contact person for the position can discuss your needs.