Advertising Sales Lead - SMB APAC
Job Type: Full time
Microsoft is the destination for collaborative, creative and passionate digital advertising professionals seeking a rewarding career. We offer compelling advertising products, innovative solutions, and the opportunity to engage with some of the brightest minds in the digital advertising industry.
Microsoft Advertising is a global Sales, Marketing and Services organization on the cutting edge of the digital advertising industry. We are the engine that powers the buying and selling of advertising across all aspects of our digital network. The Microsoft Advertising team empowers advertisers and publishers large and small around the world to reach their maximum potential through a portfolio of digital advertising solutions, including search, display, native, video and retail media.
We are seeking a top performing sales leader to join our Global team to accelerate our SMB business in APAC (Australia, New Zealand, India, Japan, Southeast Asia). The right candidate should have sales experience selling search, native, display & connected TV offering, business development partnership skills and a deep understand of APAC markets. This role will focus on the small and medium-sized business (SMB) segment, and we are looking for an individual who can develop our SMB APAC strategy, enhance our brand, drive revenue at scale through partners, and increase customer satisfaction across multiple internal and external stakeholders.
What skills do you need to have?
There will be many opportunities for you to learn and grow into this role and Microsoft.
- Minimum 10+ years Digital Sales/Service required.
- Minimum 6+ years of Search, Display and Native experience.
- Experience and expertise in SMB highly desired
- An expert at working cross groups, geographies, and time zones to enable strong problem solving and analytical skills to deliver client-focused solutions.
- Proven record of accomplishment of exceptional performance, high productivity, meeting deadlines, and exceeding sales quota through partners and digital sales teams globally.
- Experience influencing and driving conversations with C-level and Senior Leadership (internal & external).
- Demonstrated success moving from ‘start up’ to ‘scaled business’ is critical and the ability to move easily and constantly across functions (Sales, Ops, Strategy, Marketplace), partner sets (Business Development, Finance, Engineering) and client conversations (both c-level and more tactical).
- Flexibility to maintain focus through change and thrive amid ambiguity.
- Infectious sense of enthusiasm, fun, and imagination associated with a group committed to developing the best client experiences at scale in the world.
Microsoft believes that by investing in our people and creating an inclusive environment, our team will do their best work. See our complete list of benefits and why we are recognised as an Endorsed Employer for Women by WORK180. Microsoft Benefits | WORK180 Endorsed Employer
Our mission is deeply inclusive. Inside Microsoft | Global Diversity and Inclusion at Microsoft
Even if you feel you may not meet 100% of the criteria, please apply. You may exceed your own expectations, or we may have another opportunity that suits your potential. While we’re not able to reach out directly to every applicant, we will always do our best to help you feel heard and supported throughout the experience.
The purpose of this role
Our Microsoft Advertising SMB group empowers every SMB client on the planet to achieve more. This is a new role for APAC and you will help us build local partnerships, increase revenues for the SMB segment across the full portfolio of Microsoft Advertising solutions and grow our advertiser base. The individual in this role will bring advertising knowledge,
- Accountable for delivering revenue quota as the business owner for selected Microsoft Advertising (MSA) solutions. Evaluates SMB segment performance against growth targets and is accountable for leveraging local market expertise to drive growth.
- Driving and partnering on go-to-market (GTM) approaches, refining sales engine programs and targets, tailoring small and medium business (SMB) strategies for subsegments in APAC, and reviewing sales engine and internal/external partner performance.
- Leads fiscal year territory planning for small and medium business (SMB) in named geography for selected MSA solutions, defining key details of SMB execution plans, ensuring key stakeholders are aligned to execution plans, and determining the resources and investments needed to support execution plans that lead to revenue growth across markets and customer programs.
- Design, develop and drive global initiatives - owner of a global business projects (60% of the time) across all SMB regions focused on drive revenue growth at scale, partnerships and performance through leadership of key business dynamics across groups.
- Recommend additional investments as needed to drive plan execution and impact revenue growth, and customer acquisition while enhancing customer experience.
- Be an expert on the SMB business and sales segment. Act as the SMB voice of the customer for all partners such as Marketing and Engineering to help inform product design and customer experience.
- Champion the need for scale and self-serve. The SMB motion is 1: many and this role needs to work cross all digital touchpoints and engagement opportunities to drive engagement, revenue and product adoption
- Collaborate across regional Sales Teams to influence processes and client strategies by sharing learnings and innovative techniques.
- Guide and inspire a high-performing though partner account teams. Ensure all account team members are accountable and proactive in executing client goals, while mentoring and leading other sales team members within Microsoft
- Develop cross-Microsoft relationships in support of bringing the best of Microsoft to our SMB APAC clients.
- Drives action with counterparts across the business (e.g. Sales & Support, Marketing, Engineering, Global Operations, Global Support) and apply expertise in local markets and competitors to identify growth opportunities, define strategies and optimal routes to market for achieving revenue targets, and develop and socialize best practices.
- Utilize industry and product knowledge to influence our training programs for the entire organization. Proactively enable others’ success, present within a 1:Many learning capacity, and work to exponentially increase the knowledge of all teams - including leadership.