Manager - Commercial & Financial Analytics | Technology Consulting
MinterEllison Technology Consulting
Job Type: Full time
Contract Type: Permanent
MinterEllison is one of Australia’s largest law firms, with nearly 200 years of business history. We're known for our legal and consulting expertise - and for our inclusive and authentic character.
Our purpose is to create sustainable value with our clients, people and communities. That means we have a proud history of providing excellence to clients, nurturing our people and giving back to the communities in which we live and work.
We value excellence, curiosity and collaboration. Clients rely on us for our responsive, commercial approach. Our clients include government departments and agencies, private and publicly listed companies, and small and large businesses in Australia and overseas.
For most businesses today, technology is central to enabling and executing their business strategy. MinterEllison's Technology Consulting team advises CIOs, CTOs and other CxOs in developing, executing and supporting technology strategies that drive exceptional business value. In a world of accelerating change and technology innovation, we design, negotiate, protect and optimise our client's investments in enterprise digital and converged services.
What you can expect from this opportunity
As we deliver on our 2025 Strategy, our Canberra Technology Consulting team is continuing to enjoy an exciting period of growth, particularly across our Investment Protection and optimisation services, seeing us create excellent opportunities to join the team supporting our financial analytics capability across ICT and spending.
Having built a strong market presence and currently delivering projects across several major Commonwealth departments, you will have the opportunity to be involved in providing critical analytics to support executive decision making. Our clients are in a period of tight cost management with increased focus on ensuring investment opportunities are critically assessed to add value and continue to support Australian citizens.
More About You
We are currently looking for experienced IT Financial and Pricing Analysts including Financial Management Consultants, with experience in technology, to assist our clients make smart decisions as they analyse, plan and optimise technology spend to support the growing economic and risk challenges.
We welcome applications from Senior Consultant to Senior Manager level candidates who have demonstratable experience in:
- Conducting pricing analysis, developing complex pricing models and advising on pricing best practice, including scenario modelling.
- Financial modelling and consulting on the end-to-end costing of ICT projects and systems implementation.
- Pricing analysis and normalisation of large complex supplier responses, forming inputs into evaluation and negotiations. Providing strategic financial advice to our clients on their return of value from an IT investment, including the establishment of benefits tracking practices.
- Partnering with teams on budgeting, forecasting and market comparisons.
- Reviewing the total cost of ICT and undertaking robust analysis to identify optimisation opportunities, in line with standard industry frameworks such as TBM.
- Assuring financial cost and forecast models
- Financial process re-design and automation
- At least 3 years’ experience working in a consulting environment or technology supplier focusing on financial management, commercial modelling and business analysis.
- A deep understanding of technology finance and pricing mechanisms.
- Advanced Excel modelling (including Power Query) and Power Point skills.
- Attention to detail and time management.
- Superior communication skills.
- Ability to present large volumes of data to senior stakeholders
- Data visualisation using tools such as Power BI
- CA or CPA qualifications are highly desirable.
- Undergraduate degree, within the following disciplines: Finance, Business Management / Commerce, Information Technology, Actuarial / Statistics, Computer / Data Science or Engineering.
- Must hold Australian Citizenship and be able to obtain an Australian Government Security Clearance.
We offer flexible working options to encourage balance, wellbeing and support for sustainable ways of working and a range of social, financial and health benefits, including free gym membership - all with no minimum tenure.
As a highly valued employee we will also provide you with a wide range of benefits. To view our benefits, please copy this link into your browser https://www.minterellison.com/-/media/Minter-Ellison/Files/Careers/Employee-Benefits-Brochure-2023.ashx
We encourage applications from people of all ages, abilities, cultural backgrounds, genders (including trans or gender diverse), LGBTQ+ people and those with carer responsibilities. We particularly encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply.
How to Apply
We prefer to connect with people directly, so please submit your CV by clicking on the 'Apply' button. We encourage all applications, including if you do not meet the criteria listed for the role. Your application will also enable us to consider you for other opportunities that may be available at MinterEllison.
If you would like further information, require any adjustments throughout the recruitment process or for a confidential discussion, please contact Alexandra.Hussain@minterellison.com.