Parks Maintenance Officer
Moonee Valley City Council
Location: Bondi Beach
Job Type: Contract/temp
Parks Maintenance Officer
Reference number: 14355
Closing date: 11:45pm, Sunday 4 December 2022
- Temporary full-time through to October 2023
- Salary commencing at $63,507.84 per annum plus 10.5% superannuation (commensurate with experience)
- Assist in the care, maintenance and enhancement of the physical environment, providing quality park services
About Moonee Valley City Council
Moonee Valley City Council is a vibrant and diverse municipality. We are a local government within the north-west metropolitan area of Melbourne, providing a range of services to some 130,000 residents and over 10,000 businesses. Our 1,200 employees bring their differing backgrounds, experiences and unique perspectives to our collaborative environment, and are supported to share ideas, initiatives and talent, making a positive impact on our community for now and in the future.
Council have an opportunity to assist in the care, maintenance and enhancement of Council’s physical environment, as a member of a team dedicated to the provision of quality park services
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of current horticulture and park maintenance practices and associated tools and equipment
- Ensure the safe and effective, operation and maintenance of plant, machinery, tools and equipment
- Undertake safety checks and maintenance checks in accordance with set procedures and safe work practices and report defects to Supervisor
- Record all required operational activities on Council’s asset management system “Confirm” using electronic equipment allocated
- Ensure plant and equipment is used for its intended purpose and operated in a safe manner only by competent operators
Skills & Experience
- Current valid Victorian Drivers License in conjunction with a medium rigid driver license or willingness to obtain
- Certificate III in Horticulture and/or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated experience in the safe and effective operation and maintenance of plant, machinery, tools and equipment relevant to the maintenance of parks and reserves
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted through our online system https://mooneevalley.mercury.com.au/ and should be in line with the Moonee Valley City Council Application Guide found at the bottom of the advertisement. Applications that do not meet these requirements may not be considered.
For further information, please view the Position Description or contact John Necovski, Parks Cityscapes Supervisor on (03) 9243 1706.
In line with the directions issued by Victoria’s Chief Health Officer, Council positions require you to be vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are successful in our recruitment and selection process, you will be required to provide evidence of your vaccination status.
Our Culture of Inclusion
If you are interested in the role but feel you may not meet the full range of selection criteria, we encourage you to contact us to discuss your experience and application for this position.
We don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our services and our community. With a focus on inclusion, accessibility and flexibility, we'll support you at every stage of your career. We recognise the importance of balance and embrace work agility, understanding that this means different things to each and every one of our employees.
Moonee Valley City Council is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Child Safe employer and we value diversity and encourage people from different backgrounds to apply, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people from culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds, people of any age or gender, people identifying as lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans and gender diverse, intersex and/or queer (LGBTIQA+) and people with disability. If you have a reasonable adjustment, support or access requirement, we encourage you to let us know through your application or email H2@mvcc.vic.gov.au or call 9243 1122.