Graphic Design and Communication Officer
Moonee Valley City Council
Job Type: Full time
Graphic Design and Communications Officer
Reference number: 10042
Closing date: 11pm, Tuesday 6 June 2023
- Full-time Permanent position
- Salary commencing at $91,783.72 per annum plus 10.5% superannuation (commensurate with experience)
- Lead graphic design and visual communication at Council
Lead graphic design and visual communication at Moonee Valley City Council with a key focus on supporting vulnerable cohorts to access Council services, programs and information. Support the communications team to implement strategic communications plans by creating engaging marketing collateral that promotes council services, projects, activities, events and campaigns for use across a range of digital and traditional channels.
Responsibilities of the Graphic Design and Communications Officer at Council include:
- Provide strategic graphic design and visual communication advice to the organisation
- Coordinate, design and produce a range of professional-standard publications and promotional material from concept design to finished art, including managing version control, obtaining quotes and leading the print process.
- Develop eye-catching, impactful and informative communications collateral to promote council projects, services, and activities through a variety of communication channels and mediums, including digital and traditional media.
- Develop and maintain on-brand design templates to streamline communications processes and ensure a consistent look and feel across all internal and external publications.
Skills & Experience required
- Tertiary qualification in graphic design, visual communication, or relevant discipline.
- Extensive experience in a similar role, designing and developing clear, impactful creative marketing materials that effectively communicate complex messages with target audiences.
- Demonstrated experience interpreting and applying brand guidelines across a variety of publications and assets, including providing advice to internal clients on best-practice application of branding.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience working within pre-press and print production processes, including offset and digital printing and colour management.
- Understanding of Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) and experience creating accessible communications collateral.
- In-depth knowledge of and significant experience working with Adobe Creative Cloud to create communications and marketing collateral. Experience with Canva advantageous.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted through our online system and should be in line with the Moonee Valley City Council Application Guide. Applications that do not meet these requirements may not be considered.
For further information, please view the Position Description or contact Tanya Tabone, Senior Coordinator Communications on (03) 9243 9139.
In line with Council Policy, Council positions require you to be vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are successful in our recruitment and selection process, you will be required to provide evidence of your vaccination status.
Our Culture of Inclusion
If you are interested in the role but feel you may not meet the full range of selection criteria, we encourage you to contact us to discuss your experience and application for this position.
We don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our services and our community. With a focus on inclusion, accessibility and flexibility, we'll support you at every stage of your career. We recognise the importance of balance and embrace work agility, understanding that this means different things to each and every one of our employees.
Moonee Valley City Council is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Child Safe employer and we value diversity and encourage people from different backgrounds to apply, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people from culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds, people of any age or gender, people identifying as lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans and gender diverse, intersex and/or queer (LGBTIQA+) and people with disability. If you have a reasonable adjustment, support or access requirement, we encourage you to let us know through your application or email .au or call 9243 1122.