NSW Transport Planning Team Lead
Job Type: Full time
Together, we open opportunities with our connected thinking.
Mott MacDonald is a dynamic and innovative engineering, management and development consultancy working with high profile clients across Australia and globally. Our purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes in all we do, relentlessly focusing on excellence and digital innovation, transforming our clients' businesses, our communities and employee opportunities.
We are selective and specific in the clients and projects we choose to work with, aligning with our strong social, environmental and safety ethics, allowing us to constantly drive to do better for us, our clients, and the world as a whole.
Mott MacDonald's transport planning team is at the cutting edge of integrated transport planning, and we are looking for a highly driven professional to lead our growing team in Sydney.
You will join a local team which has built a reputation for excellence and innovation in the development and delivery of transport planning, modelling, and engineering projects.
We are looking for someone who has a passion for learning and applying skills in transport planning, modelling, engineering and in emerging areas; someone who understands travel behaviour and user focused design, who appreciates the importance of involving people in transport planning; someone who can think out of the box and wants to lead inspiring and unconventional projects where the process and outcome may be new; and someone who is keen to work with and learn from our global network of highly respected specialists and advisors. Your responsibilities will include:
- Support and develop the transport planning team in NSW and collaborate with interstate leads to manage transport planning requirements across Australia and other disciplines.
- Be client facing, develop and maintain close client relationships and focus on delivering work to an excellent standard, in line with client expectations.
- Deliver, manage and/or oversee a range of projects that could include transport planning, master planning, traffic modelling, pedestrian modelling, active transport, Movement and Place analysis, travel demand management and transport infrastructure planning
- Working with the ANZ Transport Planning Practice Lead to develop tactical strategies that are aligned with sector and unit goals and that are adaptive to change
You will have both a personal and professional passion for transport planning with excellent track record at delivering projects in a commercial/consultancy environment. Able to demonstrate the following qualifications, skills, abilities and experience:
- Degree in a relevant field such as Civil Engineering, Geography or similar
- Enjoy being client-facing and keen to develop client relationships to assist the team in delivering Transport Planning projects and be proactive with clients with regard to delivering and winning work
- Experience in managing the successful delivery of transport planning projects
- Adept at mentoring and guiding staff to upskill and assist the professional development of the team
We want you to be with us for the long-term, so providing you with ongoing development and training opportunities is important to us.
Our values, culture, and benefits
We are committed to bringing diversity of thinking into our team, which means we value alternative paths, understand there will be career gaps and we have a culture in place ready to cultivate your talent.
We endorse a diverse and inclusive workplace and strive to create spaces of belonging for all, encouraging everyone to bring their whole selves to work. We are proud to be a Work180 Endorsed Employer for all women. For more information on our extended employee benefits head over to our Work180 Mott MacDonald profile. https://work180.com/en-au/for-women/employer/mott-macdonald/benefits
Sydney is one of our newest and fastest growing offices in Australia, and we offer a range of competitive benefits and facilities to make this a great place to be, including:
- State of the art office and end of trip facilities
- Agile working
- Competitive salary and group bonus incentive scheme
- Life, personal accident, and salary continuance insurance
- Options to purchase additional annual leave
- Annual Health Check
You've got this!
This is a great opportunity to join a growing consultancy that is pushing ahead in the local market. If you are looking for an opportunity to work in a fast-growing business with an organisation that is shaping the communities in which we live, then we would encourage you to apply for the above position and join our world class consultancy.