Principal & Senior Power Systems Engineer
Job Type: Full time
Together, we open opportunities with our connected thinking.
Mott MacDonald is a dynamic and innovative engineering, management and development consultancy working with high profile clients across Australia and globally. Our purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes in all we do, relentlessly focusing on excellence and digital innovation, transforming our clients' businesses, our communities and employee opportunities.
We are selective and specific in the clients and projects we choose to work with, aligning with our strong social, environmental and safety ethics, allowing us to constantly drive to do better for us, our clients, and the world as a whole.
Our Energy team is looking for Principal and Senior Power Systems Engineers to be a part of key Energy projects that will shape the communities in which we live. This role will see you working on projects which are serving to shape the energy transition across Australia and New Zealand, while you will have the opportunity to build a dynamic career in our NSW, VIC, QLD, SA and WA offices.
We do DER (currently doing the connection studies on 120 BESS's around Australia), large scale Wind and Solar co-located with larger BESS and have a very impressive track record in pumped-Hydro and off-shore wind projects across APNA (Asia, Pacific, New Zealand and Australia). The scope of this role also includes:
- Contributing to certain power systems engineering projects and services to assist clients in achieving success in their projects based on sound power systems engineering practices especially around the National Electricity Rules and the Wholesale Energy Market's Technical Rules and AEMO requirements.
- Monitoring and tracking success, including identifying systems and process improvements
- Contributing to the creation of power systems engineering marketing and communication initiatives, campaigns and products, including thought leadership and events
- Interfacing power systems engineering services with broader outcomes, such as digital innovation, automation, risk mitigations and whole life cost
- Conducting benchmarking and advising clients on strategy, targets, priorities, pathways, road mapping and solutions associated with power systems engineering
- Monitoring and communicating trends in power systems engineering across the business
- You will also be ensuring the production of deliverables to agreed timelines and within budget
This role will see you assisting to establish and shape the development and success of APNA's power systems engineering business by contributing to the execution of the strategy, implementation plans and to build out of key activities. Identifying target and emerging clients (mostly for Generator Performance Standards Studies) and creating winning proposals to close new business opportunities.
- Experience working in power systems engineering roles and have conducted at least 3 (three) R0 and R1 studies in the past as the lead, including managing the issues that arise on the issues trackers - Senior PS Engineers, for Principal roles we would expect commensurately more experience.
- Experience in client engagement with an ability to establish strong client relationships
- Process development and/or research experience in improving power systems engineering processes to be competitive in the market and offering good value to clients
- Proficient with key methodologies associated with power systems engineering and software packages such as PSS©E, DIgSILENT Powerfactory, PSCAD and other packages like ETAP being advantageous
- Python script development and management
- Experience with NER requirements and AEMO GPS connection studies
Our values, culture, and benefits
At Mott MacDonald, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we uphold our strategic commitment to recruit, develop and value our diverse workforce. Our inclusive cultures and behaviours empower each of us to make decisions, innovate, collaborate, and ultimately transform our communities.
We endorse a diverse and inclusive workplace and strive to create spaces of belonging for all, encouraging everyone to bring their whole selves to work. We are proud to be a Work180 Endorsed Employer for all women. For more information on our extended employee benefits head over to our Work180 Mott MacDonald profile. https://work180.com/en-au/for-women/employer/mott-macdonald/benefits
Sydney is one of our newest and fastest growing offices in Australia, and we offer a range of competitive benefits and facilities to make this a great place to be, including:
- State of the art office and end of trip facilities
- Agile working
- Competitive salary and group bonus incentive scheme
- Life, personal accident, and salary continuance insurance
- Options to purchase additional annual leave
- Annual Health Check
This is a great opportunity to join a growing consultancy that is pushing ahead in the local market. If you are looking for an opportunity to work in a fast-growing business with an organisation that is shaping the communities in which we live, then we would encourage you to apply for the above position and join our world class consultancy.