WA Environment, Climate and Sustainability Lead
Job Type: Full time
We are a global engineering, management and development consultancy focused on improving society by considering social outcomes in all we do. We are an employee-owned company that offers a range of opportunities to work with expert practitioners on expansive and innovative construction projects.
Your career in detail
We are seeking an experienced Environment, Climate and Sustainability Lead with significant experience in renewable energy and transport to work with State-based, National, and Global virtual teams to support major multi-disciplinary programs and projects within Western Australia. You'll be working on significant projects that shape the communities in which we live. Building connections across our networks of international experts, you will bring this knowledge to our clients and to their projects.
This is an exciting opportunity to create, develop, and lead a high-performing team in Western Australia. Your role will see you lead your team in the winning of work across technical and commercial aspects. This will be key in developing our capability across Environment, Climate, and Sustainability and associated specialist skills such as Climate Resilience, Circular Economy, Air Quality, Heritage, Nature Based Solutions, Regenerative Outcomes, EIA, planning and approvals and so on.
You bring an extensive career span working on major infrastructural design & construct projects, proven project management skills, and tertiary qualifications relevant to environmental management, engineering, Sustainability, planning, science, or related field. Your other specialist skills and experience include:
- Experience in preparing and navigating environmental approvals and processes, including engagement with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Experience in emerging sustainability areas such as regenerative design, circular economy, climate change adaptation and resilience
- Experience with ISC and/or Green Star rating schemes and working within multi-disciplinary teams is an advantage
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience in project management of multi-disciplinary assessment teams and sub-consultants.
Our company's values, culture, and benefits
We put equality, diversity, and inclusion at the heart of our organisation, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We value the diversity of our staff and are committed to creating an inclusive work culture where everyone can bring their full selves to work.
Some of our employee benefits include:
- State-of-the-art office and end of trip facilities
- Agile working
- Competitive salary and group bonus incentive scheme
- Life, personal accident, and salary continuance insurance
- Options to purchase additional annual leave
- Employee Assistance Program enabling access to confidential and free coaching and counselling service
You've got this!
Mott MacDonald invites all talented employees regardless of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, religion, or cultural background.
Elevate your career with Mott MacDonald