Integration Consultant (Systems & Operations)
Job Type: Full time
Our offering is unique. Infrastructure projects often struggle to integrate to the existing network which leads to delays or poor outcomes, and they require assistance to get their projects into operation. Our team meets this need through providing these projects with expertise in Systems Integration, Testing & Commissioning, Progressive Systems Assurance, Operations & Maintenance Integration and in-depth knowledge of technologies such as CBTC and ETCS. We work to ensure these projects deliver the best possible outcome for the project, the operator, and the passengers.
Due to continued demand for our Integration, Testing and Commissioning team, we are growing and are now looking for talented people from a variety of backgrounds to apply for a role an Integration Consultant (Systems & Operations) to be a part of iconic rail projects that will shape the communities in which we live.
The role is diverse, and your key responsibility will vary project to project, but you can expect to be performing project-specific Systems Integration duties across a range of clients, which may include one or more of:
- Development and documentation of operational and maintenance concepts to define how the future railway will run.
- Definition of integration road maps, system definitions, migration stage delivery plans.
- Derivation of technical requirements, application conditions and task definitions from operational and maintenance concepts.
- Derivation of key risks (safety, operational, RAM and security) from operational concepts and migration stage definitions as input into risk assessments.
- Development of test plans, procedures, schedules, and resources for a variety of test campaigns from lab tests, on-site technical testing and operational trials.
- Development of operations / maintenance manuals, procedures and process for operators
- Linking of test cases / evidence to source requirements and risks as well as visualising and reporting on this traceability coverage.
We are looking for talented people from a variety of backgrounds to apply for a role an Integration Consultant (Systems & Operations), so if you don't have all the requirements listed above, but feel your skill set and experience aligns, then we encourage you to apply.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering/Science - Systems Engineering, Mechatronics, Electronics, Software, Computer Science and Mechanical are well regarded
- Strong ability to communicate visually through diagrams, roadmaps and visualisation tools. (Experience with Powerpoint, PowerBi and/or Visio are desirable.)
- Ability to facilitate workshops and focus groups with stakeholders at different levels.
- Experience or education in Model Based Systems Engineering is highly desirable.
- Technical knowledge of holistic systems engineering fundamentals, including concept development, requirements, design, verification, validation and acceptance.
- Technical knowledge of safety assurance fundamentals, including hazard identification, risk assessment, risk mitigation, assurance cases.
- Understanding the fundamentals of transversal disciplines such as Human Factors, Reliability, Availability & Maintainability (RAM) or security are desirable.
Our values, culture, and benefits
And it's not just rhetoric when we say we are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We are committed to fostering a culture that empowers our people, promotes fosters teamwork, and embraces sustainability.
You've got this!
This is a great opportunity to join a growing consultancy that is pushing ahead in the local market. Elevate your career with Mott MacDonald