Location: New South Wales
Job Type: Full time
Multiplex is a premier construction company with a simple purpose: to construct a better future.
Established in Australia in 1962, Multiplex is known for shaping skylines and delivering iconic projects around the world. It has delivered more than 1,000 projects with a combined value in excess of US$90 billion. Our business is built on people. People who share the mindset to outperform in everything we do.
Combined with our inherent values (We keep it real, We care about people, We are collaborative and We have grit), it is the foundation of our Multiplex culture and enables us to fulfil our purpose.
Building our Talent
We are actively looking for experienced Site Engineers who are looking to further develop their skills across all stages of the full construction project lifecycle. This opportunity is located at Newcastle at John Hunter Hospital.
As a Site Engineer within Multiplex, you are responsible for providing co-ordination and operational support to your allocated construction project, by liaising with the Project Engineer(s), Site Managers and Supervisors, ensuring the internal and external information flow is accurate and apparent in order to meet the construction program requirements, whilst also ensuring installation works in the field are being undertaken in accordance with the project specification and appropriate design standards.
- Assist the management team to implement the Project Management Plan
- Assist Project Engineers in undertaking programming, planning and forecasting to ensure design and construction activities adhere to the overall construction program
- Monitor progress, identify and report on issues which may affect the program
- Assist the Site Supervisor to develop work programs off the master construction plan
- In conjunction with Senior Site Supervisors, manage and monitor critical components of the project such as structure, façade and fit-out
- Monitor the progress of sub-contractors on site and ensure correct implementation of design
- With consultants, conduct site inspections as critical checkpoints and ensure remedial actions are carried out where required
- Provide regular reports to the Project Engineer, Site Manager and Project Manager
- Implement and monitor the Quality Assurance Plan for the project
- Conduct regular audits on Quality Assurance Plans of sub-contractors
Key Skillset Required:
- Proven background in Engineering, Commercial Construction and Delivery process
- Knowledge of Engineering principles and experience in actual documentation delivery
- Ability to read technical drawings
- Programming and scheduling experience and relevant software
- Knowledge of the Building Code of Australia
- Knowledge of Design, Estimating and Procurement
- Experience in tender submission process
- Solid analytical & problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
Why join Multiplex
Our people are supported to outperform in everything they do with a range of holistic benefits including:
- Professional career development opportunities, and a wealth of learning offerings through the Multiplex Learning Academy
- Bonus schemes; annual remuneration reviews; and gender equity reviews
- Salary continuance insurance
- Leave and benefits to support parents, including 18 weeks paid parental leave regardless of gender; payment of superannuation during leave; and coaching
- Health and Wellbeing programs including EAP & mental health support; group fitness; and various health checks
Multiplex is committed to a diverse, inclusive and respectful workforce and we strongly encourage applications from people of all genders, cultures and walks of life. We have an industry recognised approach to flexible work which we are constantly evolving. With external recognitions including Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) Pay Equity Ambassador, Family Inclusive Workplace Certification and Work 180 partnership, we have a strong focus on families, inclusivity and gender equality.
Please note: this role is being sourced through Multiplex directly and we will not accept applications via external recruitment agencies