Manager Divisional Controls
Location: Macquarie Park
Job Type: Full time
About the Role
The Manager Divisional Controls is a common point of expertise and leads a team that provides first line controls, compliance and risk and controls support to management of their aligned business. This role is critical in driving risk assurance awareness, understanding, and change to create a centre of excellence for controls including the uplift of NAB’s controls infrastructure. The role focuses on management of the team to develop adequate systems and controls to identify, assess, quantify and manage the risks in the relevant businesses.
Reporting to the Head of Divisional Controls ubank to assist with leadership of the ubank Divisional Control team with activities from strategic planning through to implementation of policies, procedures, controls and change management. The role will primarily focus leading a team to partner with the business to uplift risk and compliance management frameworks, improve operational efficiencies, uphold good practice as well as assist the business to promote and drive a strong risk management and compliance culture.
What you'll be doing
In this role you will be responsible for supporting the Corporate Functions businesses in their execution of risk management accountabilities. The primary responsibilities are:
- Operational risk and regulatory obligation identification, impact assessment and change within the Division
- Advising business leaders on the application of the operational risk and compliance management framework to evaluate risks in order to achieve business outcomes
- Engaging and managing senior stakeholders to implement and improve business systems and processes through the use/integration of the risk and compliance framework
- Working with the business to implement systems and controls to manage the requirements of operational risk and compliance policies which apply to the business
- Risk profiling: assisting to identify key risks and design of indicators to monitor, input into Divisional Risk Setting Statements as relevant
- Designing controls: assisting to identify the right key controls to mitigate key risks and obligations applicable to the business in partnership with the specialist controls team.
- Providing guidance on risk and control items including Subject Matter Expertise
- Uplifting risk management maturity and practices, including development of Key Risk Indicators
- Leading key initiatives within the business and engaging senior stakeholders to ensure key outcomes are delivered
- Assisting in regulatory responses and regulatory engagement matters
What you'll bring
- 6+ years’ experience in Risk
- Experience in first and second line supporting a line of business
- Legal, risk or compliance background
- Leadership experience preferred
- Practical approach to solving issues with strong commercial acumen
- Strong stakeholder engagement skills
- Structured thinker with strong problem solving skills
- Excellent time management and ability to multi-task and adapt to changing priorities
- Business, finance, project or general management tertiary qualification preferred
What we can offer
From education and volunteer leave to learning benefits and banking discounts, we offer access to a wide range of employee benefits. You can learn more about these at http://www.nab.com.au/about-us/careers/working-at-nab/benefits
We embrace diversity of thought, style and working arrangement to ensure our workforce is representative of the community that we service.
Have a chat to us about how our support of workplace flexibility can work for you.
NAB, invested in you
At NAB, we believe success comes from our people. We're committed to supporting your talent and skills through your career, as you help us build a culture that affects change for our customers - and for the community too.
To be eligible to apply, you must have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency status.
Please note candidate screening and interviews may be conducted prior to the closing date of the job advert.