Relief Banking Manager
Location: Australia, Australian Capital Territory, Brisbane, Broken Hill, Burnie, Docklands, Hobart, Macquarie Park, Perth, South Brisbane, Victoria, Western Australia, Wingfield
Job Type: Full time
- Opportunity to become part of the Leave and Relief team looking after business customers and bankers
- Enjoy maintaining connections with customers by our Business Banking customers
- Role available nationally
It’s more than a career at NAB. It’s about more opportunity, more moments to make a difference and more focus on you.
You make NAB. You get it done for our customers and our communities. You’re laying the foundations for NAB’s future success. Together we’ll grow, excel for our customers, and make this a workplace to be proud of.
You will provide cover for absent bankers via a many-to-many business model and be based in one physical location, with no need to travel across sites. You will have the flexibility to work from any State/location whilst also having the luxury of supporting both our Agri and Business banking customers, whilst utilising your strong business banking skills and ability to build customer relationships.
Complementing your solid banking expertise, you are a strong and reliable performer with a high degree of autonomy. You have a passion for your customers and enjoy working across a variety of customer types customers and transactions. You are unafraid to ask questions of your team and your own network, and continuously expanding your knowledge.
Day to day:
- Extensive experience in managing customer relationships and providing exceptional customer service
- Experience as a hybrid banker working across agri and business banking portfolios
- Evidence of strong participation in driving and improving NPS in your Team / Region over the last 12 -18 months
- Strong track record of effectively using CLS, BST and digital & direct channels
- Ability to provide coaching to customers and peers to deliver superior customer and business outcomes
- Strong working knowledge of financial products & services and application to client needs
- Strong understanding of Risk policies, including Credit Risk, Operational Risk, AML etc
- Strong credit and execution experience along with DCA accreditation (for Bankers)
- Proficiency in understanding the sales cycle, origination, fulfilment and servicing systems and processes including OBPM workflow management
- Proficiency in communicating and influencing skills and the ability to network across a variety of business partners across NAB to drive collaboration to deliver exceptional value for customers
- Ability to handle a high level of change and contribute towards high team engagement, with hands on experience leading virtual teams to build a high performing culture
- A growth mindset and adaptive leadership skills to continue to deliver exceptional customer service by optimisation of customer needs
This is a full-time permanent opportunity and can be based anywhere across the country working from Monday – Friday from 8.30am-5.30pm.
A diverse and inclusive workplace works better for everyone.
At NAB, we’re intent on building a culture we can all be proud of. One based on trust and respect. An uplifting environment where every single one of us feels appreciated and empowered to be our true, authentic selves. A diverse and inclusive workplace where our differences are celebrated, and our contributions are valued. It’s a huge part of what makes NAB such a special place to be.
The purpose of my role:
- As the face of NAB, first impressions do matter , and I am genuinely enthusiastic about spending quality time with my customers to deeply understand their financial needs
- I am passionate about making a positive impact in the local market
- I am passionate about helping my customers understand the risk and profitability of their business to achieve their desired outcomes safely and effectively, whilst balancing the right outcomes and risk
More focus on you:
We’re committed to delivering a positive experience for our colleagues and a workplace you can be proud of. We support our colleagues to balance their careers and personal life through flexible working arrangements such as hybrid working and job sharing and competitive financial and lifestyle benefits. We invest in our colleagues through world class development programs (Distinctive Leadership and Career Qualified in Banking), and empower you to learn, grow and pursue exciting career opportunities.
We value and embrace diversity of thought, style and working arrangements to ensure our workforce is representative of the communities that we serve and that our thinking, solutions, and products are the best they can be.
Please note candidate screening methodologies and interviews may be conducted prior to the closing date of the job advert.