Senior Associate Market Risk Models
Location: Melbourne, Sydney
Job Type: Full time
- Use your expertise to drive positive outcomes for our customers
- You’ll be supported to manage your career, work and life
- You’ll be encouraged to experiment and find out where you excel
It’s more than a career at NAB. It’s about more opportunity, more moments to make a difference and more focus on you.
Your job is just one part of your life. When you bring your ideas, energy, and hunger for growth to us, you’ll be recognised and rewarded for your contribution in return. You’ll have our support to excel for our customers, deliver positive change for our communities and grow your career.
It’s a good time to see what more you can find at NAB as Senior Associate Market Risk Models.
The primary objective of this role is to ensure market risk pricing, calibration and risk models are fit for purpose and develop, change models as required in line with policies, standards and frameworks
- Developing and maintaining market risk models owned by Risk.
- Application and Maintenance of the Market Risk Model Framework in support of Model Risk Policy and Prudential Obligations for model design, development and implementation.
- Model Governance - Models developed and maintained by Risk are sound (including data, outputs, inputs, model register, model documentation, adjustments and assumptions, self-assessments completed on time, validations completed on schedule, model governance including change and materiality management, reporting).
- Development and maintenance of tools, libraries, catalogues that support risk in daily risk management, new projects and ongoing model development and maintenance.
- Collaboration with other Risk and business teams involved in model development and validation. Production of lasting artefacts, physical and intellectual.
- Automation - Identifying/Implementing process automation/tool development where value add will result.
- Effectiveness and improvement of the existing risk & compliance framework, methodologies & controls.
What you will bring:
- Market Risk/Finance, financial markets, pricing of derivatives
- Quantitative developer background
- Programming skills using C# and/or Python and/or C++, github
- Exposure to FRTB, Benchmark Reform
- Analytical and problem-solving mindset
- Strong financial and numerical literacy & model development skills.
A diverse and inclusive workplace works better for everyone.
At NAB, we are intent on building a culture we can all be proud of. One based on trust and respect. An uplifting environment where every single one of us feels appreciated and empowered to be our true, authentic selves. A diverse and inclusive workplace where our differences are celebrated, and our contributions are valued. It is a huge part of what makes NAB such a special place to be.
More focus on you
We are committed to delivering a positive experience for our colleagues and a workplace you can be proud of. We support our colleagues to balance their careers and personal life through flexible working arrangements such as hybrid working and job sharing and competitive financial and lifestyle benefits. We invest in our colleagues through world class development programs (Distinctive Leadership and Career Qualified in Banking), and empower you to learn, grow and pursue exciting career opportunities. For more information, please click here
If you think this role is the right fit for you, we invite you to apply.
If you require any reasonable adjustments to the recruitment process or the role, please let the recruitment consultant know.
Please note candidate screening and interviews may be conducted prior to the closing date of the job advert.
Please note unsolicited CVs from agencies will not be accepted.