Agribusiness Manager - Ballarat
Location: VIC- North West region
Job Type: Full time
- Recognised as a top #3 employer on the 2022 LinkedIn Top Companies list to grow your career.
- Be supported to grow your career at NAB
- Make a real difference for our customers and communities
It’s more than a career at NAB. It’s about more opportunity, more moments to make a difference and more focus on you.
Your job is just one part of your life. When you bring your ideas, energy, and hunger for growth to us, you’ll be recognised and rewarded for your contribution in return. You’ll have our support to excel for our customers, deliver positive change for our communities and grow your career.
Our Ballarat team are looking for an experienced Banker to join them to manage a growing and diverse portfolio of Agribusiness SME customers. This portfolio has a primary concentration of cropping and livestock and post farm gate clients. As such, experience in the Agribusiness Banking industry will be advantageous.
In this role, a typical day for me will include:
- Developing and managing a portfolio of key Agribusiness customers and referral partners
- Assessing economic value and risk potential of new business
- Educating customers about their business options and providing sound advice about risk and opportunities for growth
- Proactively calling on networks of contacts to help identify new business and referral opportunities
- Implementing initiatives to support customer acquisition in my local market
- Working with customers on their proposed annual business plans
- Preparing and submitting customer lending proposals
- Working with team members
The purpose of my role:
- As the face of NAB, first impressions do matter, and I am genuinely enthusiastic about spending quality time with my customers to deeply understand their financial needs
- I am passionate about making a positive impact in the local market
- I am passionate about helping my customers understand the risk and profitability of their business to safely and effectively achieve their desired outcomes, whilst balancing the right outcomes and risk
Ideally tertiary qualified with an agriculture or business-related discipline, your experience as a Commercial or Agribusiness Manager with a comprehensive understanding of business/commercial and farm management practices will ensure your success in managing and growing this active portfolio of agribusiness clients.
For more than 160 years, we've been helping people run and grow successful agribusinesses. Today, more primary and post-farm gate producers choose to partner with us than any other financial institution. We have a respected network of agribusiness specialists in more than 100 locations across the country. Our bankers use their local and industry knowledge to work strategically with their customers in a way that’s important, relevant and valued. Our regional customers and communities need an unparalleled level of support and leadership. They need a resilient banker and bank who see the value in long-term relationships, and are committed to supporting agribusiness today and into the future.
A diverse and inclusive workplace works better for everyone.
At NAB, we’re intent on building a culture we can all be proud of. One based on trust and respect. An uplifting environment where every single one of us feels appreciated and empowered to be our true, authentic selves. A diverse and inclusive workplace where our differences are celebrated, and our contributions are valued. It’s a huge part of what makes NAB such a special place to be.
More focus on you
We are committed to delivering a positive experience for our colleagues and a workplace you can be proud of. We support our colleagues to balance their careers and personal life through flexible working arrangements such as hybrid working and job sharing and competitive financial and lifestyle benefits. We invest in our colleagues through world class development programs (Distinctive Leadership and Career Qualified in Banking), and empower you to learn, grow and pursue exciting career opportunities. To learn more, visit the Benefits of Working at NAB page on our website.
If you think this role is the right fit for you, we invite you to apply. If you require any reasonable adjustments to the recruitment process or the role, please let the recruitment consultant know.
Please note candidate screening and interviews may be conducted prior to the closing date of the job advert.
Please note unsolicited CVs from agencies will not be accepted.