Senior Associate Quantitative Analysis
Location: Melbourne, Sydney
Job Type: Part time
- Use your passion for making an impact to our customers and across the business
- Be recognised as an expert in your field, offering direction and support to the business.
- Multiple outstanding permanent career opportunity.
A career that gives you more
It’s more than a career at NAB. It’s about more opportunity, more moments to make a difference and more focus on you.
Your job is just one part of your life. When you bring your ideas, energy, and hunger for growth to us, you’ll be recognised and rewarded for your contribution in return. You’ll have our support to excel for our customers, deliver positive change for our communities and grow your career.
It’s a good time to see what more you can find at NAB as Senior Associate Quantitative Analysis.
Credit models are central to the Bank’s economic and regulatory risk measurement, and are a key component of lending decisions, business strategies, and risk appetite management.
These positions involve the development, maintenance, and production of NAB’s non-retail credit risk models. This includes implementing best practice methodologies to design solutions that improve the measurement of credit risk and lead to better risk management and insights. A key focus is on process improvement and innovation.
These roles will give you the opportunity to work on many highly technical quantitative projects across a range of Non-Retail portfolios. Providing insights and leadership on statistical techniques for model development is also a key element of the role.
- Develop Non-Retail credit risk models including Probability of Default (PD), Exposure at Default (EAD) and Loss Given Default (LGD) models.
- Maintain model documentation to a very high standard to support NAB’s ranking as first in the quality of its implementation of the IRB framework compared to peers.
- On-going review of models to ensure they meet regulatory and/or internal group standards and remain fit for purpose.
- Ad-hoc analytic support for portfolio insights and model performance.
What you will bring
- Experience in the development of statistical models, either through academic or ‘on the job’ roles.
- Strong data analysis and extraction skills with experience in coding languages such as SAS, R, Python, and an understanding of relational database design and SQL
- Strong analytic, evaluation and problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to enable you to explain technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Tertiary qualifications in Mathematics/ Statistics/Engineering/Actuarial/Finance/Economics or a related discipline
- A post-graduate or honours degree in a related discipline (highly desirable)
A diverse and inclusive workplace works better for everyone.
At NAB, we are intent on building a culture we can all be proud of. One based on trust and respect. An uplifting environment where every single one of us feels appreciated and empowered to be our true, authentic selves. A diverse and inclusive workplace where our differences are celebrated, and our contributions are valued. It is a huge part of what makes NAB such a special place to be.
More focus on you
We are committed to delivering a positive experience for our colleagues and a workplace you can be proud of. We support our colleagues to balance their careers and personal life through flexible working arrangements such as hybrid working and job sharing and competitive financial and lifestyle benefits. We invest in our colleagues through world class development programs (Distinctive Leadership and Career Qualified in Banking), and empower you to learn, grow and pursue exciting career opportunities. For more information, please click here
If you think this role is the right fit for you, we invite you to apply.
NAB welcomes flexible working arrangements and encourages interested applicants to apply, highlighting their unique working preferences (including working hours and part-time status).
If you require any reasonable adjustments to the recruitment process or the role, please let the recruitment consultant know.
Please note candidate screening and interviews may be conducted prior to the closing date of the job advert.
Please note unsolicited CVs from agencies will not be accepted.