Head Of Data Science
Location: Brisbane, Melbourne, Sydney
Job Type: Full time
Head of Data Science
- Be recognised as a leader, empowered to deliver and succeed
- Use your expertise to drive positive outcomes for our customers and colleagues
- Make your impact in a highly engaged team
About the team:
The Chief Data Science group is a team of passionate, creative and diverse data scientists and engineers that shape the data and analytics landscape at the NAB.
We work to lay the foundation for a data driven culture across the enterprise by working closely with our business partners to design, build and guide data applications and enterprise capabilities. We do this through:
- Research and development of new capabilities, enabling analytics practitioners to utilise first class techniques and practices, enabling organisational safety with a focus on ethical outcomes.
- Applying data science and machine learning solutions to real-world business problems across the bank.
- Fostering an environment & culture that strives to be world class, that embraces challenges and is always looking to innovate.
About the Role:
This role will support the Chief Data Scientist in running the central data science group: supporting the development of the group strategy, managing data science careers and ensuring a high quality of delivery across the group.
- Data science solutioning and roadmap delivery
- Group strategy and strategic direction
- Manging group risk across the data science landscape
- Senior stakeholder engagement, and supporting translation of complex ideas into business consumable outcomes
- Supporting and evolving group culture
- Group governance and quality control
- Individual career development and mentoring
Skills and Experience Required:
- Experiencing managing people and demonstrated ability to support data science career development.
- Demonstrated ability to define data science strategy and support the execution and development of a relevant roadmap.
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity and defining data science solutions for complex business problems.
- Demonstrated ability to drive data science value, and not just model delivery
- Ability to prioritse and change direction as needed
- A bachelors or post graduate degree in a relevant field.
If you think this role is the right fit for you, we invite you to apply. Let’s explore who you are and what drives you.
To be eligible to apply, you must have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency status. Please note candidate screening and interviews may be conducted prior to the closing date of the job advert.