Location: Melbourne, VIC- North West region, VIC- South East region
Job Type: Full time
Within our Digital Technology domain, we’re looking for developers to join our team to assist with our journey to transform the technology stack in for onboarding Customers to the bank. We are embarking on an exciting journey to build an enterprise wide onboarding capability. You’ll be applying your engineering skills to make onboarding for Customers as user-friendly as possible, as well as adhering to our compliance goals.
What is required:
- 2+ years of software development experience
- Experience with node.js
- Analytical skills with a proven track record solving difficult problems
- Experience with development, test automation & continuous delivery environments
- Experience in API requests and development
- The ability to work with the team to produce high quality work
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-on service.
What is preferred:
These are more specific abilities we're looking for, but it is the rare human who possesses them all. Think of this as a descriptive sketch, not a checklist of requirements. Be comfortable applying even if you don't have all of them.
- Experience using backend Express / Node.js services
- Experience or knowledge of GraphQL
- Experience with developing on AWS / Azure Cloud services
- Background cloud-native architecture
- Experience supporting a production service in a DevOps friendly environment
- Experienced in Agile / Scrum projects
- Experience with JSON Automated unit testing using tools such as Karma, Protractor, Selenium, etc.
- Exposure to web development tools (NPM, bower, grunt).
- Excellent social and communication skills, with a passion for mentoring and knowledge sharing
- Ability to conduct scrum rituals (story writing, grooming, estimation, sprint planning, retro, continuous improvement)
As team member we value the following traits:
- Curiosity and joy in learning new things
- Proactive and results-oriented attitude
- Ability to work in a cross functional team
Just as important as all the above technical skills is your willingness to login every day with an open mind and passionate outlook, your ability to have fun, step outside of your comfort zone and be part of NAB’s journey to become a fantastic engineering organisation.
- Fast paced environment, with leading edge technology and innovation
- Work in a collaborative environment with highly talented and motivated colleagues that are passionate about knowledge sharing
- Salary confirming to market standards
- Flexible working policy
NAB is an equal opportunity employer who prides themselves on providing a diverse workplace that brings out the best in people.
If you think this is for you, we invite you to apply for this role. Let’s have a serious but informal chat about who you are and what drives you. We’d love to share our vision for the future of banking.
(You need to be a citizen of Australia or New Zealand, or hold a permanent residency visa to apply.)