Field Area Manager
Job Type: Full time
As Field Services Area Manager, you’ll utilise your skills to lead a team of Service Team Leaders and Reginal Workforce managers who are responsible for making a meaningful and lasting impact and bringing more possibilities to Australian homes and businesses, while propelling our nation into the future.
* Please note, this role can be located in the Central Coast.
A bit about your role
The role requires skills to work through a mix of internal and external workforces and build and maintain essential relationships with internal and external stakeholders. The successful candidate is someone who can efficiently function in ambiguity and advocates for all field workforces to drive better practices and quality & safety standards with a heavy focus on continuous improvement.
The role will be responsible for all field activities across network and service elements related to the day to day operation of the NBN Co network within a defined geographical area.
A bit about you
To thrive in this role, you’ll be an experienced leader within the telecommunications or technical arena and have demonstrated experience leading operational or engineering teams in service delivery or service restoration. You’ll bring exceptional communications and stakeholder management skills with the ability to influence business outcomes.
You are confident to develop and foster a safety first culture within the field and ensuring all work is completed in work safety system of work and critical risk controls.
The position is typically geographically defined, with travel required to meet business demands and support your team. Ideal candidates for this role will draw on their dedication, drive, and customer service skills to deliver service with integrity.
What you’ll put in:
- Be a safety leader in promoting a healthy and safe environment
- Comfortable working and communicating with GM-level, delivery partners, and fieldwork managers
- Passion for problem-solving and relationship-building
- Skilled at managing day-to-day workforce to ensure KPIs and SLAs are met
- Balancing human issues and financial controls with demanding client expectations
What you’ll get out:
- Positive and versatile career trajectory
- Inclusive work culture where wellbeing is prioritised
- Opportunities for advancement
- Exciting time to join our team and work across multiple projects
- Passionate coworkers who uphold an energetic culture of forward-thinking, caring, and simplicity
A more inclusive working world
nbn is committed to an inclusive, flexible, and supportive workplace where everyone can feel heard, valued and respected. We believe diverse perspectives are the key to unlocking greater outcomes and encourage applications from people of all ages, nationalities, abilities, and cultures.
We champion equal opportunities for all employees. If you have any special requests or accessibility requirements throughout the recruitment process, please advise us at the time of application and we will adjust to meet your needs.
Where to from here?
If you think this role might be for you, we want to hear from you. Please apply by following the links and send your resume only. We do not require a cover letter or any selection criteria to be addressed.
Please note, this is a permanent role and applications will close midnight 23rd of March.