Senior Software Engineer
Job Type: Full time
In this exciting time of growth, we’re searching for a Senior Software Engineer to join our growing Development team here at Instaclustr. Now part of Spot by NetApp, we are a Canberra based open source as-a-service company, delivering reliability at scale. We manage cutting edge open-source technologies (Cassandra, Kafka, PostgreSQL, Redis, OpenSearch and Cadence) for our customers around the world.
Working within our Development team as a Senior Software Engineer looks a little like this:
- You will become a key integral part of a small specialised group.
- You will work closely with your team lead to help organise the team's activities and will play an important role in mentoring and developing more junior team members.
- Provisioning infrastructure, securely deploying and configuring open-source applications, monitoring, alerting and logging.
- You will sometimes lead more complex development tasks involving multiple people.
- Your team lead will look to you as their most capable team member and will depend on you for input and advice on many areas of the team's operation.
Five or more years of commercial experience and solid Computer Science/Engineering skills
Experience with delivering complex technical solutions
An ability to understand and communicate abstract ideas and problems
Willingness to learn new technologies
Work confidently in Java, C#, C++ or a similar language
Tertiary qualifications in software engineering (or related discipline) are beneficial
In a world full of generalists, NetApp is a specialist. No one knows how to elevate the world’s biggest clouds like NetApp. We are data-driven and empowered to innovate. Trust, integrity, and teamwork all combine to make a difference for our customers, partners, and communities. We expect a healthy work-life balance. Our volunteer time off program is best in class, offering employees 40 hours of paid time off per year to volunteer with their favorite organizations. We provide comprehensive medical, dental, wellness, and vision plans for you and your family. We offer educational assistance, legal services, and access to discounts. We also offer financial savings programs to help you plan for your future.
Equal Employment Opportunity
NetApp is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all federal, state and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination based on age, race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability or genetic information, pregnancy, protected veteran status, and any other protected classification. NetApp Australia is proud to collaborate with WORK180 – an international jobs network that connects smart businesses with talented women. See our full list of benefits and why we are recognised as an Endorsed Employer for Women by WORK180: https://au.work180.co/employers/netapp/about