Purchasing Analyst - Tailings Project
Job Type: Full time
Discover what’s possible with us
Purchasing Analyst for the Cadia Integrated Tailings Project, this role is required to have a deep understanding of purchasing process, supply categories, negotiation skills and tactics, global industry trends and supply market dynamics to successfully manage purchasing activities. Where necessary, establish commercial arrangements with suppliers delivering sound commercial outcomes agreed with site owners and key stakeholders.
This role requires an experienced professional, working together with the Project Services team to help drive high performance and enable the team to process requisitions and purchase orders for services, supplies and equipment at best commercial value to Newcrest.
Operations near and far
Cadia Valley Operations is located in Central Western New South Wales, approximately 25 kms outside the vibrant regional township of Orange and a convenient three hours from the capital city of Sydney. Employees reside in varied accommodation options in and around the district of Orange with the surrounding area’s occupied by wineries, stone fruit orchards, farming and national parks.
Employees have access to the area’s wide range of amenities, including a prominent health sector with a modern well-equipped regional hospital, excellent educational facilities, shopping, large selection of sport and recreation options, transport and other services such as childcare.
Who we’re looking for
As the Purchasing Analyst you will play a critical role within the Cadia Integrated Tailings Project team; through the delivery of professional, efficient and cost-effective purchasing service and to support across the broader Cadia Tailings Project Team.
- Purchase and ensure that the quality of goods and materials purchased is to Newcrest standards and specifications.
- Ensure purchasing at the optimal price in relation to quality, quantity and delivery method.
- Assist with negotiations for initiatives which come to the Commercial and Project Services team, saving outcomes to be recorded and substantiated
- Manage all relevant stakeholders to make sure Purchasing negotiation preparation is transparent and roles and responsibilities are clear.
- Develop and deliver agreed purchasing strategies with category owners and business unit stakeholders.
- Coordinate or perform detailed analysis and synthesis of internal requirements and spend for both straight forward and complex products (high or low value) and/or services, and analysis of complex external suppliers and markets.
- Successful completion of projects that meet agreed milestones, stakeholder endorsements, quality standards, timeline, savings/cost avoidance targets, risk profile and non-financial benefits.
- Ensure the timely completion of all purchasing requests in line with requirements
- Manage all information requirements necessary to ensure system and policy compliance as per Newcrest procedures, policies & Supply Standards
To succeed and thrive in this position you’ll come from a strong purchasing background in a similar purchasing analyst role. Mining experience in a projects environment is highly advantageous.
You will be proficient in the MS Office Suite of products, specifically Excel, Word, PowerPoint & Project, combined with SAP experience and experience in a mature Contract Management System (CMS).
We are looking for a strong communicator, both verbally and written. You will have strong interpersonal skills and be familiar with working in a highly collaborative environment. You’ll show drive and passionate enthusiasm to work alongside our projects team!
Our commitment to you
Our people bring our organisation to life. With us, you’ll find experience all around you. Our leaders are visible and approachable, leading and supporting the organisation through transformation. We bring out the best in each other, inspiring performance and a belief in making an impact.
Look around and you’ll discover opportunities to explore different pathways. Supported by development programs and guided by our leaders, you’ll learn and grow in your time with us.
At this stage, we are not accepting any external agency CVs for the opportunity.