Job Type: Full time
Experience a connection with us
As part of forging a stronger Newcrest, we are committed to developing our people. We recognize that building capabilities and creating career opportunities across our business is not only important for our people, but it is critical to our success now and in the future.
We are now seeking a Mechanical Operator / Maintainer for our Cadia Operation.
Operations near and far
Our Cadia site is located in Central West New South Wales, approximately 25 kms outside the vibrant regional town of Orange. Employees reside in the varied accommodation options in Orange, with the surrounding winery and national park areas to enjoy. Have access to the area’s wide range of amenities, including a prominent health sector, excellent educational facilities, shopping, recreation activities, transport and other services such as childcare.
Who we are looking for
We are seeking a self-motivated and enthusiastic Mechanical Operator / Maintainer to ensure the Ore Treatment Department is operating in a safe and effective manner whilst meeting the desired production targets and maintaining equipment integrity. Reporting to the Ore Processing Supervisor, this role is specifically focused on ensuring the filter plant is operating at the required throughput rate and uptime by executing planned and breakdown maintenance activities on the filter presses and associated equipment.
Other key deliverables include:
- Completing routine planned and breakdown maintenance of the equipment at the filter plant including but not limited to press operation, slurry pump maintenance, pipework and valve maintenance and hydraulic work
- Assisting with train loading activities at the filter plant through operation of reach stacker, forklift or front-end loader
- Participating in shift change handover meetings which are held at the start and end of every shift and provide quality information and direction to the oncoming shift
- Ensuring all safety incidents and hazards are correctly documented and reported
- Ensuring compliance to daily plan, shutdown plans, and completion of all pre-start checks on mobile equipment/vehicles and other equipment requiring prestart checks
To succeed in this role, you will be an inspiring team-player with excellent work-ethic and a can-do attitude. While you will appreciate being part of a collaborative team, you will also enjoy working autonomously and being in control of your own work and output. Your sound judgement, problem-solving and decision-making skills will further enable you to work across multiple disciplines and understand various facets of the business structure.
In addition, you will also ideally have:
- A relevant Mechanical Trade Qualification, either as a Fitter or Fitter/ Machinist is essential
- Experience in the maintenance of fixed-plant and hydraulic equipment in a mineral processing plant environment
- Experience in the operation and maintenance of filter presses is desirable
- Forklift Ticket, C6 Crane, Dogging, Rigging and front-end Loader tickets are highly desirable
- Familiarity with SAP and MS Office programs
- Ability to multitask in high pressure situations
Please note: This is a permanent full-time role based in Blayney and working on 7 days On/ 7 Off/ 7 nights On/ 7 Off roster.
Our commitment to you
Ownership is part of how we work. You will be part of a high-performance culture that is building our future. While structure and processes guide how we work, we continue to find opportunities to be nimble and collaborative.
Newcrest is also committed to building a diverse workforce. Our strategic focus is on gender diversity and diversity to reflect the communities in which we operate. Creating an inclusive culture will enable us to leverage the richness of cultures across our workforce and the capability of our diverse employees to get better business outcomes.
If you are seeking a new career challenge, where you can transfer your existing skills, into a positive and empowering team environment, we’d love to hear from you.