Officer - Security
Job Type: Full time
Newcrest is one of the world's largest gold mining companies. As a global business, we aim to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels safe, valued and supported to bring their whole unique self to work.
We recognise that our different backgrounds and perspectives help us find better ways to: solve problems; attract and retain the best people; explore, develop and produce more gold safely and profitably; and help make Newcrest a better place to work.
At Newcrest, we hold core values that focus on caring about people, working together and achieving a high-performance culture through innovation and problem solving.
In the Great Sandy Desert in the East Pilbara region of Western Australia, our Telfer gold-copper mine is our fly-in-fly-out operation, comprising both open pits and an underground mine. While at site Telfer offers a diverse range of recreational activities including a gym, swimming pool, driving range, movie room and refurbished communal eatery.
Who we are looking for
As a security officer reporting into the Superintendent of Health and Emergency services, your primary responsibility is to maintain a safe and secure environment for all employees and contractors at the Telfer site.
Key deliverables of this role include, but not limited to:
- Control and monitor the movement of all persons, vehicles and freight entering and exiting the site including via road and air
- Perform random checks of personnel and personnel effects upon entry/exit to site to ensure adherence to security requirements and standards
- Support site’s adherence to Gold Security Standards and perform any allocated tasks
- Administer drug and alcohol assessments as required
- Operate computer-based monitoring systems including CCTV surveillance
- Support loss prevention activities, including gold room lock up
- Conduct regular foot patrols of the Telfer site
- Respond to various site alarms and alerts including snake handling and relocation activities
- Enforce and ensure compliance to operational rules
- Work independently, within the team to achieve the team’s outcomes
- Willingness to assist with other duties within the department as directed.
As the ideal candidate, you will be a team player with excellent work ethics and a can-do attitude. In addition to the above you will have:
- Current WA Security Officer License
- Certificate II Security Operations
- Current First Aid certificate
- Minimum of 3 years FIFO experience, preferably working in a gold operation.
- Unrestricted Manual C-Class Australian Driver’s license.
- Current Police clearance
- Completion of national accreditation in HLTPAT005 Collect specimens for drugs of abuse testing.
- Accredited Snake handling certification
- Experience conducting gatehouse related duties
Please note: This is a permanent FIFO role that will work on a 8/6-day shift rotating with a 7/7-night shift roster flying out of Perth.
Our commitment to you
Ownership is part of how we work. You will be part of a high-performance culture that is building our future. While structure and processes guide how we work, we continue to find opportunities to be nimble and collaborative.
If you are seeking a new career challenge, where you can transfer your existing skills, into a positive and empowering team environment, we’d love to hear from you!
At this stage, we are not accepting any external agency CVs for the opportunity.