Superintendent - Surface Operations
Job Type: Full time
Operations near and far
Cadia Valley Operations is located in Central Western New South Wales, approximately 25 kms outside the vibrant regional township of Orange and a convenient three hours from the capital city of Sydney. Employees reside in varied accommodation options in and around the district of Orange with the surrounding area’s occupied by wineries, stone fruit orchards, farming and national parks.
Employees have access to the area’s wide range of amenities, including a prominent health sector with a modern well-equipped regional hospital, excellent educational facilities, shopping, large selection of sport and recreation options, transport and other services such as childcare.
Who we’re looking for
Reporting to the Manager – Ore Processing, The Superintendent – Surface operations, will interact with all levels of the business, having positive impacts to safety, revenue, and cost reduction. The position will support Cadia valley operations in a multifaceted approach whilst remaining flexible due to unplanned events.
The Superintendent – Surface Operations will also be accountable for the site stockpiles management, ore movements, surveillance of tailing storage facilities, site water management and project management of allocated capital projects.
With a strong safety focus, the individual will create a positive safety culture by leading NewSafe discussions and coaching others around hazard identification and risk assessment processes.
Other accountabilities include but not limited to:
- Coordinate and implement site road maintenance strategies.
- Cost Management and participate in routine forecasting and budgeting activities.
- Provide oversight to the safe operation of the department activities, including resource planning and recruitment.
- Facilitate business improvement initiatives for the department to ensure quality outcomes are achieved on time and within budget constraints.
- Execution of site rehabilitation as required by the mine plan.
- Leadership of the surface operations team and create clear succession plans for key roles.
- Coach team members and ensure they are trained and competent to perform in their duties
- Tailings Dam and other infrastructure construction management as required.
- Scheduling of short, medium and long-term projects and capital works.
- Actively develop and implement controls to ensure compliance with site approvals around dust and noise limits.
The ideal candidate will have leadership and operational experience in a similar role within a heavy industry, earth moving background.
You will also possess the following:
- Knowledge of heavy vehicle fleet operation relating to bulk material movement activities in areas such as Open Pit mining, quarrying or tailings dam construction.
- Demonstrated leadership of a team including resource management, safety systems and production execution.
- Strong foundation of risk management and hazard control implementation.
- Demonstrated project management and continuous improvement capability.
Our commitment to you
Our people bring our organisation to life. With us, you’ll find experience all around you. Our leaders are visible and approachable, leading and supporting the organisation through transformation. We bring out the best in each other, inspiring performance and a belief in making an impact.
Look around and you’ll discover opportunities to explore different pathways. Supported by development programs and guided by our leaders, you’ll learn and grow in your time with us.
At this stage, we are not accepting any external agency CVs for the opportunity.