Mechanical Technician - Mobile Fleet Production
Job Type: Full time
Explore the unknown
Newcrest is one of the world's largest gold mining companies. As a global business, we aim to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels safe, valued and supported to bring their whole unique self to work.
We recognise that our different backgrounds and perspectives help us find better ways to: solve problems; attract and retain the best people; explore, develop and produce more gold safely and profitably; and help make Newcrest a better place to work.
At Newcrest, we hold core values that focus on caring about people, working together and achieving a high-performance culture through innovation and problem solving.
Operations near and far
Our Cadia site is located in Central West New South Wales, approximately 25 kms outside the vibrant regional town of Orange and three hours’ drive from Sydney. Employees reside in the varied accommodation options in Orange, with the surrounding winery and national park areas to enjoy.
Employees have access to the area’s wide range of amenities, including a prominent health sector, excellent educational facilities, shopping, transport and other services such as childcare.
Who we’re looking for
We are currently seeking a skilled and safety-focused Mechanical Technician to join our busy Mobile Maintenance team at our Cadia Valley Operations.
Reporting to the Supervisor – UG Mobile Fleet Maintenance Production, you will be accountable for carrying out scheduled and unscheduled maintenance of Cadia East Production Fleets in accordance with company values, safety, environmental and statutory requirements.
With emphasis on diagnostics, troubleshooting and fault-finding, this rewarding and multifaceted opportunity will see you carry out repairs and scheduled servicing work onsite while delivering a high standard of safety.
Other key deliverables include:
- Provide technical support in all aspects of Mobile Fleet maintenance
- Identify and report any risk of component or equipment failure promptly
- Actively participate in the control of maintenance costs throughout the operations
- Maintain good working relationship with supervisors, peers and all internal and external clients
As the ideal candidate, you will be energetic, hardworking and enjoy following procedures. While you will appreciate being part of a busy team, you will enjoy working autonomously when required and will add real value to the business through your ability to grasp new concepts quickly and efficiently.
In addition, you will ideally also have:
- Mechanical Trade Certificate (Fitter, Mechanic)
- Proven post-trade experience with on-site repairs & maintenance in the heavy industry, preferably within Mining
- Knowledge of SAP or similar systems is highly regarded
Please note: This is a permanent fulltime role based at our Cadia operation in NSW. You will be required to work a 7 days on/7 off/7 nights on/7 off roster (12-hours per day, Thursday – Wednesday).
What we can offer
Newcrest offers rewarding careers for individuals in a dynamic and exciting industry complimented by competitive remuneration packages and a wide range of employee benefits.
- Annual performance uplifts and incentive programs
- Company led programs to advocate for diversity and inclusion
- Ongoing access to health and medical wellbeing support, including onsite EAP
- Work180 endorsed employer
- Fitness Passport
- Education Assistance programs
- Discounted Health & Travel Insurance
- Discounts on car rentals & IHG hotel accommodation
- Novated leasing, vehicle and servicing discounts
- Discounts with Dell, Microsoft Office, 99 Bikes, Energy Australia & more.
Our commitment to you
Newcrest’s commitment to diversity and inclusion respects both the rights of every individual to work to their highest potential, free of discrimination, as well as the cultures, religions and governing codes applicable to each country in which we operate.
If you share our values and feel that you could make a meaningful difference in this role, please apply online before the advertised application closing date.
At this stage, we are not accepting any external agency CVs for the opportunity.