Specialist - Project Mining
Job Type: Full time
Operations near and far
Cadia Valley Operations is located in Central Western New South Wales, approximately 25 kms outside the vibrant regional township of Orange and a convenient three hours from the capital city of Sydney. Employees reside in varied accommodation options in and around the district of Orange with the surrounding area’s occupied by wineries, stone fruit orchards, farming and national parks.
Employees have access to the area’s wide range of amenities, including a prominent health sector with a modern well-equipped regional hospital, excellent educational facilities, shopping, large selection of sport and recreation options, transport and other services such as childcare.
Who we’re looking for
Reporting to the Senior Mining Engineer, The Specialist – Project Mining will scope, plan and schedule the Mining Project Infrastructure. You will also be responsible for providing operational technical support for the weekly/RMP schedules of Mining Projects.
The Specialist – Mining Projects will collaborate with the Execution, Mining Projects and the Integrated Planning stakeholders to maximise effectiveness and optimise delivery of Mining Projects.
Other responsibilities include:
- Scope, evaluate, plan and implement the Mining Projects key mine planning projects (air, water, dewater, ventilation and mining infrastructure)
- Develop detailed schedules for infrastructure projects to ensure cross team integration.
- Provide necessary infrastructure inputs and support to Weekly/RMP Scheduler, and design engineer.
- Provide development operations technical support.
- Assist in ventilation management processes.
- Project management; schedule, budget, tracking, contractor management
You will be a self-driven individual capable of managing your own workload and working autonomously.
You must also possess the following:
- Mining Engineer qualifications with reasonable relevant experience, previous exposure to underground mining operations is preferred, OR
- Underground mining operational background with significant relevant experience in project management, supervision, and civil services.
- Experience in mining software packages – Highly regarded.
Our commitment to you
Our people bring our organisation to life. With us, you’ll find experience all around you. Our leaders are visible and approachable, leading and supporting the organisation through transformation. We bring out the best in each other, inspiring performance and a belief in making an impact.
Look around and you’ll discover opportunities to explore different pathways. Supported by development programs and guided by our leaders, you’ll learn and grow in your time with us.
At this stage, we are not accepting any external agency CVs for the opportunity.