Senior Inventory Specialist
Job Type: Full time
Explore the unknown
Newcrest is committed to building a diverse workforce. Our strategic focus is on gender diversity and diversity to reflect the communities in which we operate. Creating an inclusive culture will enable us to leverage the richness of cultures across our workforce and the capability of our diverse employees to get better business outcomes.
Our technical expertise is something we are quietly proud of. Through our investment in research and development, we have advanced the technical development of our mining methods, achieving operational efficiencies. Whether you are part of our offices, or at one of our sites near or far, you will find so much more than you expect.
Operations near and far
Located in the Great Sandy Desert in East Pilbara, Western Australia, Telfer is a fly in out fly out operation from Perth which recognizes the importance of work-life balance. Our comfortable, well furnished rooms include Foxtel, and our site offers quality food with healthy options, medical care, sports and recreation activities. Families are welcomed several times a year to open days to support our community feel at Telfer.
Who we’re looking for
Working in a friendly, team environment, you will play a key role providing technical expertise and cost-effective operational control of Telfer’s inventory control section in accordance with legal requirements and company objectives. Smooth the work flow to ensure all work is carried out in a safe, structured, agreed and timely manner; provide support to develop, coach and mentor key personnel to continuously improve their technical knowledge and skills.
Reporting into the Superintendent – Supply, the Senior Inventory Specialist you will manage the Telfer Warehouse Inventory levels consistent with the principles of good inventory control, to achieve the most cost effective Inventory which enables the timely delivery of parts and materials required to support production
Your responsibilities will include: (but not limited to)
- Manage and co-ordinate inventory processes, systems and reporting
- Optimisation of inventory using IBM inventory analysis tool MRIRO (old Optimiser)
- Ordering stock for various areas of the mine and liaising with transport companies for on time delivery
- Master Data changes
- Review ANSI’s for approval
- Managing Obsolescence, phase out and on demand projects
- Writing off stock via MIGO
- Reviewal, issue and cancellation of PR's and PO's
- Supporting our overseas purchasing team.
To succeed in this role, you will be safety focused, team oriented and enjoy continuous improvement and driving for results. You will have experience in a similar role along with:
- At least 2 years experience working as an Inventory Controller
- Previous experience working in the mining industry preferred but not essential
- Experience on IBM , SAP and MRIRO (preferred)
- Strong computer, written and verbal communication skills
- Analytical thinking with a focus on customer service and relationship building
- Ability to attend site sporadically
Please note: This is permanent position, Perth based, Monday to Friday
Our commitment to you
Ownership is part of how we work. You will be part of a high-performance culture that is building our future. While structure and processes guide how we work, we continue to find opportunities to be nimble and collaborative.
Newcrest is also committed to building a diverse workforce. Our strategic focus is on diversity to reflect the communities in which we operate. Creating an inclusive culture will enable us to leverage the richness of cultures across our workforce and the capability of our diverse employees to get better business outcomes.
If you are seeking a new career challenge, where you can transfer your existing skills, into a positive and empowering team environment, we’d love to hear from you!
At this stage, we are not accepting any external agency CVs for the opportunity.