Emergency Response Officer
Job Type: Full time
Operations near and far
Cadia Valley Operations is located in Central Western New South Wales, approximately 25 kms outside the vibrant regional township of Orange and a convenient three hours from the capital city of Sydney. Employees reside in varied accommodation options in and around the district of Orange with the surrounding area’s occupied by wineries, stone fruit orchards, farming and national parks.
Employees have access to the area’s wide range of amenities, including a prominent health sector with a modern well-equipped regional hospital, excellent educational facilities, shopping, large selection of sport and recreation options, transport, and other services such as childcare.
Who we’re looking for
The Emergency Response Officer is responsible for providing high level 24/7 site medical coverage for Emergency Response scenarios at our Cadia Valley Operations - including: Medical, Fire, Motor Vehicle Crash, Working at Heights, Water, Wildlife, Confined Space and Underground rescue and / or events.
A few key deliverables of this role will include (but not be limited to):
- Provide timely, effective and appropriate response to all incidents, ensuring compliance with protocols and procedures.
- Deploy with Emergency Response Teams at an incident; utilising approved rescue techniques, always ensuring the safety of the rescuers and bystanders come before rescue and that all appropriate PPE and PPC is in good condition and used/worn appropriately.
- Assisting in active injury management, ensuring all medical and company documentation is completed accurately and is forwarded to RTW Co-ordinator as required.
- Provide Emergency Response Team leadership - ensuring volunteers are fit for the task, appropriately skilled and qualified for assigned tasks and constantly ensure the safety and welfare of the volunteers.
- Ensure maintenance, cleanliness and response readiness of all Emergency Response Facilities, Vehicles, Trailers and equipment ensuring that the station, vehicles and equipment are always in a ready state for response.
- Provide assistance to other areas of the Health and Safety Department as required.
To be successful in this role, you will ideally have demonstrable experience in the emergency responses field (eg: Registered Paramedic/NSW Rural Fire Services, or similar). You will be able to make critical decisions in high-pressured situations.
In addition to the above key skills, you will also have:
- Certificate IV in healthcare – Highly Regarded
- Medium Rigid drivers’ licence – Preferred
- Fire Fighting incl OCBA – Preferred
- Underground Rescue Operator incl CCBA – Preferred
- Diploma or Degree in Paramedicine – Preferred
As an Emergency Response Officer, you are always ready when you are called upon. You will possess a passion and drive to ensure high safety standards, be team oriented, as demonstrated by your excellent communication and stakeholder management skills.
Our commitment to you
Our people bring our organisation to life. With us, you’ll find experience all around you. Our leaders are visible and approachable, leading and supporting the organisation through transformation. We bring out the best in each other, inspiring performance, and a belief in making an impact.
Look around and you’ll discover opportunities to explore different pathways. Supported by development programs and guided by our leaders, you’ll learn and grow in your time with us.
At this stage, we are not accepting any external agency CVs for the opportunity.