Exploration Field Technician
Job Type: Full time
Operations near and far
Cadia Valley Operations is located in Central Western New South Wales, approximately 25 kms outside the vibrant regional township of Orange and a convenient three hours from the capital city of Sydney. Employees reside in varied accommodation options in and around the district of Orange with the surrounding area’s occupied by wineries, stone fruit orchards, farming and national parks.
Employees have access to the area’s wide range of amenities, including a prominent health sector with a modern well-equipped regional hospital, excellent educational facilities, shopping, large selection of sport and recreation options, transport and other services such as childcare.
Who we’re looking for
Reporting to the Senior Geologist – Exploration, the Exploration Field Technician will support the senior, and greater Geology team by providing field based technical expertise and ensure all work is carried out in a safe, structured, and timely manner.
This includes, but not limited to, supporting all exploration functions within the core processing facility, drill site rehabilitation and remediation and execution of exploration field work and projects. Working in the 1 day to monthly horizon.
- RC & Diamond Drilling effectiveness – ensuring systems used for both OP and UG deliver required valued.
- Core & RC chip processing and prioritising of exploration requirements through the core yard.
- Co-ordinate drill site preparation and rehabilitation.
- Maintenance of the acquire database via the recording of all exploration data dispatched and rehabilitated.
- Stakeholder engagement and management of external contractors.
You will be a safety focussed individual with high professionalism and ethical standards, acting in accordance with company policies and values.
You will also possess the following:
- Open Manual Driver’s License – Current
- HRW License – Forklift
- Previous core yard, geophysical, geological field experience, or education
- Ability to work in a team environment and collaborate to achieve results.
- Computer literacy with the ability to use Microsoft Office products.
Our commitment to you
Our people bring our organisation to life. With us, you’ll find experience all around you. Our leaders are visible and approachable, leading and supporting the organisation through transformation. We bring out the best in each other, inspiring performance and a belief in making an impact.
Look around and you’ll discover opportunities to explore different pathways. Supported by development programs and guided by our leaders, you’ll learn and grow in your time with us.
At this stage, we are not accepting any external agency CVs for the opportunity.