Senior Engineer - Ventilation
Job Type: Full time
Explore the unknown
Newcrest is committed to building a diverse workforce. Our strategic focus is on gender diversity and diversity to reflect the communities in which we operate. Creating an inclusive culture will enable us to leverage the richness of cultures across our workforce and the capability of our diverse employees to get better business outcomes.
Our technical expertise is something we are quietly proud of. Through our investment in research and development, we have advanced the technical development of our mining methods, achieving operational efficiencies. Whether you are part of our offices, or at one of our sites near or far, you will find so much more than you expect.
Operations near and far
Located in the Great Sandy Desert in East Pilbara, Western Australia, Telfer is a fly in out fly out operation from Perth which recognizes the importance of work-life balance. Our comfortable, well furnished rooms include Foxtel, and our site offers quality food with healthy options, medical care, sports and recreation activities. Families are welcomed several times a year to open days to support our community feel at Telfer.
We are seeking a Senior Ventilation Engineer to join our Underground Team at Telfer. Reporting directly into the Underground Mine Superintendent will ensure absolute compliance with legal requirements and company objectives as well as provide the point of technical excellence and response to critical issues.
Other key deliverables include:
- Supporting and ensuring NewSafe behaviors in the team
- Ensuring personnel are adequately trained to safely complete work requirements
- Attend safety/toolbox meetings and communicate expectations with a focus of continued improvement of the Health and Safety Management System and addressing concerns.
- Monitoring and ensuring compliance to approved budgets whilst driving continuous improvement within the team
- Completing all ventilation survey works and reporting
- Management of the underground ventilation flow model, advising on relevant data and completing regular audits
- Management of the hygiene sampling programs, refuge chamber network, ventilation and gas detection for underground.
- Working as part of a team; contributing to team outcomes and support to team members for career development; identify high potential personnel.
- Overseeing safe implementation of ventilation instructions and communicates requirements to relevant personnel
- Plans and communicates ventilation requirements to relevant stakeholders
You will be safety focused, team oriented, enable and drive continuous improvement and be willing to strive for results. Relationship building, drive and strategic thinking are second nature to you. It's essential that you have demonstrated leadership and people management of a team in a technical context. In addition to the above you will also have:
- Has a diploma or degree that has a curriculum that focused substile on underground mine ventilation
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Analytical skills, good attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- C Class Drivers Licence
Our commitment to you
Ownership is part of how we work. You will be part of a high-performance culture that is building our future. While structure and processes guide how we work, we continue to find opportunities to be nimble and collaborative.
Newcrest is also committed to building a diverse workforce. Our strategic focus is on gender diversity and diversity to reflect the communities in which we operate. Creating an inclusive culture will enable us to leverage the richness of cultures across our workforce and the capability of our diverse employees to get better business outcomes.
If you are seeking a new career challenge, where you can transfer your existing skills, into a positive and empowering team environment, we’d love to hear from you!
At this stage, we are not accepting any external agency CVs for the opportunity