Senior Mining Engineer
Job Type: Full time
Operations near and far
Cadia Valley Operations is located in Central Western New South Wales, approximately 25 kms outside the vibrant regional township of Orange and a convenient three hours from the capital city of Sydney. Employees reside in varied accommodation options in and around the district of Orange with the surrounding area’s occupied by wineries, stone fruit orchards, farming and national parks.
Employees have access to the area’s wide range of amenities, including a prominent health sector with a modern well-equipped regional hospital, excellent educational facilities, shopping, large selection of sport and recreation options, transport and other services such as childcare.
Who we’re looking for
A permanent opportunity has arisen for a driven Senior Mining Engineer to develop and deploy short and medium-term plans for the underground mining teams, utilising an integrated planning process to identify and evaluate key strategic decisions/projects.
This will include sound technical and operational factors for optimal mine to mill plans. The Senior Mining Engineer will be able to manage internal and external stakeholders to effectively deliver weekly, monthly and quarterly plans.
A focus on continuous improvement is essential to ensure we get the absolute best from our people and resources.
Other responsibilities include:
- Key Input assumptions for long-term Life of Province Plan (LoPP).
- Process safety – mitigation of major hazards through quality mine planning and active engagement safety management processes.
- Application of lessons learned in planning processes and caving rules.
- Drive importance of meeting objectives in the plan and drive accountability.
- Consult and advise internal / external CVO stakeholders to ensure alignment of strategic intent and implementation through the long to short terms plans.
Ideally you will have a relevant tertiary qualification in Mining Engineering and experience in planning and scheduling in a variety of operations. It’s critical to this role that you also have demonstrated working experience in underground metalliferous mining operations.
You will also possess the following:
- Qualified Mining Engineer with significant relevant experience in designing and scheduling, preferable with exposure to a large-scale underground mining operations.
- Block caving experience – Highly regarded.
***Please note this is 5/2 residential role
Our commitment to you
Our people bring our organisation to life. With us, you’ll find experience all around you. Our leaders are visible and approachable, leading and supporting the organisation through transformation. We bring out the best in each other, inspiring performance and a belief in making an impact.
Look around and you’ll discover opportunities to explore different pathways. Supported by development programs and guided by our leaders, you’ll learn and grow in your time with us.
At this stage, we are not accepting any external agency CVs for the opportunity.