Environment Advisor - Telfer
Job Type: Full time
Challenge yourself with us
Newcrest is one of the world's largest gold mining companies. As a global business, we aim to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels safe, valued and supported to bring their whole unique self to work.
We recognise that our different backgrounds and perspectives help us find better ways to: solve problems; attract and retain the best people; explore, develop and produce more gold safely and profitably; and help make Newcrest a better place to work.
At Newcrest, we hold core values that focus on caring about people, working together and achieving a high-functioning culture through innovation and problem solving.
Operations near and far
In the Great Sandy Desert in the East Pilbara region of Western Australia, our Telfer gold-copper mine is a fly-in-fly-out operation, comprising both open pits and an underground mine. Telfer offers a range of recreational activities including a gym, swimming pool, driving range, movie room and refurbished communal eatery.
Who we’re looking for
We are seeking a resilient and motivated Environmental Advisor to provide support and advice related to environmental compliance at Telfer. Reporting to the Senior Environmental Advisor and joining a close-knit collaborative team, this challenging yet rewarding role will see you take a direct advisory and interactive role with all work groups across site.
Other key deliverables of the role include:
- Promoting and supporting the implementation of Newcrest's Environmental Standards and statutory environmental requirements
- Reviewing, updating and maintaining the Telfer Environmental Management System (EMS)
- Completing statutory reporting as required
- Undertaking environmental inspections across site
- Co-ordinating and managing contractors and their activities as required
To be successful in this role, you will be structured, collaborative and well organised with exceptional time management skills. A sound knowledge of the statutory environmental requirements and the ability to provide competent advice on these requirements will be essential.
In addition, you will also possess:
- Bachelor of Environmental Science or Engineering (Environmental) / or equivalent (Highly Desirable)
- Proven experience performing environmental inspections, incident management, data analysis and report writing, preferably with a background in Mining or Resources Industry
- Knowledge of WA legislation
- Exposure to Environmental Management Systems (EMS), ISO14001 or equivalent
- Experience using ArcGIS
- Previous experience in Contractor Management
- Manual Drivers Licence (Essential)
Please note: This is a permanent role on a FIFO 8 days on 6 days off roster, flying out of Perth.
Our commitment to you
Ownership is part of how we work. You will be part of a high-functioning culture that is building our future. While structure and processes guide how we work, we continue to find opportunities to be nimble and provide support to develop, coach and mentor team members to continuously improve their knowledge and skills and relationship interactions.
Newcrest is also committed to building a diverse workforce. Our strategic focus is on enhancing diversity to reflect the communities in which we operate. Creating an inclusive culture will enable us to leverage the richness of cultures across our workforce and the capability of our diverse employees to get better business outcomes.
If you are seeking a new career challenge, where you can transfer your existing skills into a positive and empowering team environment, we’d love to hear from you!
At this stage, we are not accepting any external agency CVs for the opportunity.