Condition Monitoring Engineer
Job Type: Full time
Operations near and far
Cadia Valley Operations is located in Central Western New South Wales, approximately 25 kms outside the vibrant regional township of Orange and a convenient three hours from the capital city of Sydney. Employees reside in varied accommodation options in and around the district of Orange with the surrounding area’s occupied by wineries, stone fruit orchards, farming and national parks.
Employees have access to the area’s wide range of amenities, including a prominent health sector with a modern well-equipped regional hospital, excellent educational facilities, shopping, large selection of sport and recreation options, transport and other services such as childcare.
Who we’re looking for:
The Condition Monitoring Engineer, under the supervision of the Reliability Superintendent, will join the Fixed Plant Maintenance Department at Cadia Valley Operations.
The primary focus of this role is to identify and manage condition risks for continuous improvement fixed plant performance, reliability and maintenance cost using all and suitable technologies available.
Other responsibilities include:
- Administration of site Condition Management and Risk databases.
- Regular audit and review of sampling PM KPI’s.
- Recommend refinements to Condition Management system utilization and deployment to improve asset reliability and reduce asset operating costs.
- Standardization of sampling processes and techniques across fixed plant.
- Alert reliability engineers and Maintenance Team of abnormal trends and analysis results.
- Monitoring and periodic audit of site vibration analysis schedule compliance.
- Timely routine reporting of analysis results to reliability engineers and specialists.
- Prompt escalation of analysis variances and active management of mitigating action plans to close-out.
- Timely completion of work allocated and undertaken.
- Identify opportunities for data optimization and automation to improve efficiency.
You will also possess the following:
- Bachelor Degree in Mechanical, Mechatronic or Electrical engineering or equivalent qualifications and experience.
- Vibration Analyst Certification essential, ISO 18436, VCAT Level 3 or 4 highly regarded.
- Additional Condition monitoring technique certifications highly regarded.
- Proficient in analysing and resolving complex datasets.
- Effective in communicating issues and their repercussions.
- Proactive in initiating actions.
- Skilled in engaging with stakeholders.
- Demonstrates strong organization, meticulousness, and a process-oriented approach.
Candidates will also be considered if they possess the following:
- Trade qualification with extensive experience and post trade qualifications in condition monitoring and vibration.
Our commitment to you
Our people bring our organisation to life. With us, you’ll find experience all around you. Our leaders are visible and approachable, leading and supporting the organisation through transformation. We bring out the best in each other, inspiring performance and a belief in making an impact.
Look around and you’ll discover opportunities to explore different pathways. Supported by development programs and guided by our leaders, you’ll learn and grow in your time with us.
At this stage, we are not accepting any external agency CVs for the opportunity.