Part-Time, Senior Environmental Advisor
Job Type: Part time
Operations near and far
Cadia Valley Operations is located in Central Western New South Wales, approximately 25 kms outside the vibrant regional township of Orange and a convenient three hours from the capital city of Sydney. Employees reside in varied accommodation options in and around the district of Orange with the surrounding area’s occupied by wineries, stone fruit orchards, farming and national parks.
Employees have access to the area’s wide range of amenities, including a prominent health sector with a modern well-equipped regional hospital, excellent educational facilities, shopping, large selection of sport and recreation options, transport and other services such as childcare.
Who we’re looking for:
This fantastic part-time opportunity entails working two days a week in our environmental department at Cadia Valley Operations, offering the potential for flexible work arrangements.
The primary focus of the Senior Environmental Advisor (part-time) is to ensure Cadia’s compliance through monitoring and reporting requirements across a range of environmental parameters as well as provide generalist environmental support for site operations and project teams for 2 days per week.
Reporting to the Superintendent Environment, your on-going development will be well supported by our large and dedicated team of environmental experts.
While previous environmental experience working in mining, or similar heavy industrial sector is desirable, we are seeking a skilled GIS and database manager to support the environmental team.
You’ll be structured and well organised, with exceptional time management skills and your stakeholder management and interpersonal skills will be impeccable.
Other responsibilities include:
- Supports and provides input into the design and delivery of the strategies, frameworks, policies, and practices for the workstream.
- Identifies and implements workstream improvement initiatives, implementation plans and outcomes.
- Promotes adherence to company policies and safe practices.
- Understands and can implement business systems management principles and change management processes.
- Able to produce high quality mapping for internal and external use.
- Generate reports from monitoring data.
- Conduct QA/QC processes for data management.
- Audit systems to ensure data integrity.
- Technical ability in ARC GIS
You will also possess the following:
- A Bachelor of Environmental Science, Engineering (Environmental) or Spatial Science
- Experience in GIS and data management
- Exposure to operating and maintaining an environmental management system, environmental risk registers and management plans.
- High level of proficiency with GIS software, ideally including ArcGIS and GQIS
- Sound understanding of managing environmental compliance in plant operations and project execution.
- Data analysis and report writing skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic work environment.
- Understanding of NSW planning and regulatory framework for State Significant Developments.
Our commitment to you
Our people bring our organisation to life. With us, you’ll find experience all around you. Our leaders are visible and approachable, leading and supporting the organisation through transformation. We bring out the best in each other, inspiring performance, and a belief in making an impact.
Look around and you’ll discover opportunities to explore different pathways. Supported by development programs and guided by our leaders, you’ll learn and grow in your time with us.
At this stage, we are not accepting any external agency CVs for the opportunity.