Project Engineer ICT
Job Type: Full time
We are an Australian-based modern mining company with a focus on copper. Listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX100), we own the Prominent Hill copper-gold mine, are currently constructing the ~A$1b Carrapateena copper-gold operation, have operating and exploration holdings in Brazil; as well as a significant pipeline of project opportunities with exploration earn-ins and projects under study.
By 2023 we will be a global, copper-core, Modern Mining Company, delivering superior value with multiple operating assets underpinned by a diverse exploration and project pipeline.
At OZ Minerals Prominent Hill, we value your ideas and encourage you to champion innovation and collaboration. We are a mid-tier mining company so you will not get lost in the crowd or tangled in bureaucracy. Rather, we unlock your value and offer opportunities that supercharge your career.
OZ MINERALS - A MODERN MINING COMPANY
OZ Minerals is a copper-focused international company based in South Australia. Listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX150) we have a growth strategy that is focused on creating value for all stakeholders. We own and operate the copper-gold-silver mine at Prominent Hill and are developing one of Australia’s largest copper-gold resources at Carrapateena. We are focused on creating a pipeline of opportunities. Our commitment to safety, capital discipline and our values underpin everything we do.
We are a Modern Mining Company who adapts to our ever changing environment, harnessing the innovative ideas of our people and collaborating to leverage the experience of those around us. As Australia's third largest copper producer, with quality assets, a healthy cash balance and no debt, we are ideally positioned for global growth
WHAT MAKES OUR TEAM UNIQUE
- We embrace disruption and believe this is the key to continually improving what we do!
- No mining experience? No problem! Diversity of thought and bringing a different way of thinking is what we’re looking for.
- We want our team to do the best work of their lives and will provide the environment, support and development to succeed.
- Through our Work Life Plans, we genuinely embrace flexibility, so how, where and when you work can be discussed when you start.
YOU’LL WORK WITH…
- The Supervisor - ICT and other key stakeholders from across Prominent Hill and OZ Minerals to ensure that your deliver value add for the Prominent Hill operation.
- Vendors and Implementation Partners who support the work of technology delivery – these could be suppliers, service providers or community members.
- Your peers at Prominent Hill and other parts of OZ Minerals to deliver on the digital needs of the Asset.
- External experts in your portfolios to learn what could work for Prominent Hill.
We care about two things, what you deliver and how you deliver it. Our How we work together principles underpin everything we do. They’re core and critical to every role.
HOW WE WORK TOGETHER
- Thinking and acting differently
- Building a culture of respect that enables our people to succeed
- Focusing on partnerships and collaboration, not hierarchy
- Delivering superior results through effective planning and agile deployment
- Doing what we say we will do and taking action
- Acting with integrity and engaging with our stakeholders
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- An agile mindset, and a willingness to adopt a ‘bias for action’ over the perfect solution.
- Resilience – an ability to find ways to execute on new ideas even when there is resistance or lack of understanding.
- Customer service and outcomes focus – seeking to get feedback and ways to improve the digital customer experience.
- Deep experience in a technical project implementation role within the technology industry, including a solid understanding of ICT operations and Service Management and delivering a comprehensive outcome for the business.
- Ability to technically represent Prominent Hill in all areas relating to Information Technology and Communications projects.
- Willingness and capability to work in agile ways, supported by a knowledge of agile methodology.
- Experienced in delivering complex IT projects in a corporate environment.
- Ability to implement ICT Service strategies and lifecycle plans.
WHAT NEEDS TO BE DELIVERED
This role will be accountable for delivering ICT projects from a wholistic point of view. implementing technology services of the future.
- Ensure that BAU processes are followed, with appropriate project reporting in place.
- Actively engage with key stakeholders across the Asset when implementing ICT projects
- Ensure that business requirements are identified, understood, solutioned and delivered in a timely manner.
- Identify opportunities to enhance existing IT system operations to optimise system and process efficiency and effectiveness.
- Contribute to a positive team culture and knowledge share of skills within a high performing team.
- Lead the ongoing engagement with key stakeholders including vendors, suppliers, and on-site partners from a project perspective, with BAU Support process and handover in mind.
- Seek ways to streamline and automate processes as well as creating a fundamentally positive technology experience for the Prominent Hill workforce.
WHAT NEEDS TO BE DELIVERED
- Implementation of IT projects to OZ Minerals ICT project Governance framework standards.
- Ensure project outcomes are delivered to meet agreed acceptance criteria, budget and plans.
- Identify IT technical system project risks to ensure planned outcomes are realised.
- Experience in working in a complex technology environment including backup solutions, servers, printers and end user devices in a networked environment, Wi-Fi and other communications, Cyber Security compliance, Software as a Service / applications in the cloud, datacentre configuration etc.
- Coordinate the planning and manage the deployment activities for infrastructure including telecommunications, server, storage, and networks.
- Demonstrated extensive knowledge of telecommunication, network, server and storage concepts and principles and of current technology developments, future directions, and their relevance/suitability for use in OZ Minerals.
Applications Close 7th October 2022