Advisor - Cost Control
Job Type: Full time
We are an Australian-based modern mining company with a focus on copper. Listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX100), we own and operate the copper-gold mine at Prominent Hill, the copper mine at Carrapateena, and have assets in Brazil. We also have a pipeline of earn-in agreements with experienced exploration companies in Australia and internationally. One of our current exciting projects includes the West Musgrave Project, situated in Western Australia.
By 2023 we will be a global, copper-core, Modern Mining Company, delivering superior value with multiple operating assets underpinned by a diverse exploration and project pipeline.
Our growth strategy is focused on value creation and we achieve success by creating value for all stakeholders, underpinned by safety, capital discipline and our How We Work Together principles – our foundations for success.
OZ Minerals - A Modern Mining Company
Have you thought about being part of a project that aims to contribute to a zero-carbon future?
Have you thought about being part of an organisation where working together and creating value for all is front and centre of everything we do?
If you are looking for a new challenge, this is a great time to join our West Musgrave team!
Join one of Australia's most exciting and sustainable new mining projects.
The final investment decision (FID) has just been announced, and we are now immediately moving on to signing contracts with major partners for the project, shifting new equipment on site, and beginning earthworks. The mine site will be one of the world's largest, lowest cost, lowest emissions copper-nickel projects, and we expect to ship our first nickel concentrate in 2025. It's a fantastic time to join OZ Minerals as we open our first mine site in Western Australia.
OZ Minerals is a mid-tier mining company, so you will not get lost in the crowd or tangled in bureaucracy. Instead, here at OZ, we will unlock your value, champion innovation and collaboration and offer opportunities that add value for all stakeholders.
About The Role
Location: Flexible, with travel to Perth / site as required
Roster: 5:2 Monday to Friday
Reporting to: Senior Cost Engineer
Contract Type: Permanent
Pay & Benefits: We offer competitive Australian mining industry pay and benefits. We can talk about specifics later.
Reporting to the Senior Cost Engineer, you will play a key role in providing timely capital cost control advice, and in engaging and collaborating with the Project Control team, Project Managers and other relevant stakeholders.
The Advisor – Cost Control role will focus on assisting with cost engineering activities for the West Musgrave project through implementation, including but not limited to:
- Supporting the review and recommendation of amendments to the project WBS and other coding structures.
- Issuing proformas/templates for weekly reporting and progress payments. Preparing Progress Payment certificates for contracts and services.
- Acknowledging and learning the interface of the cost system with finance information for commitments, incurred and paid. Providing accrual information as requested.
- Cost coding and budget allocation of purchase requisitions, including input into the cost system.
- Support the tender pricing schedule development for various packages of work.
- Preparing and issuing back-charge invoices.
- Assisting with establishing growth provisions for work packages and supporting the preparation of procedures or work methods.
- Assisting with information to enable the cost system to reflect the best forecast information. This will require collaboration with engineers, Package Leads and site personnel.
- Ensuring weekly reporting information is received, reviewed, and input data into the cost system. Provide input into project monthly reporting.
- Interpreting and analysing cost data and progress information for construction contracts with the guidance of the team members.
This role requires a self-motivated, hands on and values-based individual with a desire to deliver best practice outcomes with skills, experience, and personal attributes including:
- Exposure to complex and multi-discipline projects in Cost Control activities.
- Knowledge of project control cost systems and techniques and ability to learn quickly.
- Interest and curiosity in interpreting engineering documentation.
- Good understanding of cost engineering principles.
- Proficient in Excel.
- A professional who proactively gathers information and seeks support when necessary.
- A team player with a genuine interest in building and maintaining networks and relationships across multiple stakeholder groups.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem-solving and planning skills
- Focus on continuous improvement and challenge the status quo.
- Tertiary type qualification in Engineering, Project Management or construction related field desirable.
SA and remote elsewhere in Australia
OZ Minerals is committed to ensuring the health and safety of its workers and others in the workplace and providing and maintaining a work environment which is without risks to health and safety.
Accordingly, in the course of the successful candidate's employment, they will be required to comply with any relevant COVID-19 public health orders and any controls, policies and procedures concerning COVID-19 as implemented and amended by OZ Minerals from time to time.
As part of the recruitment process you will be required to answer certain questions about your COVID-19 vaccination status and may be required to produce evidence (to the satisfaction of OZ Minerals) concerning these matters. If you are unable to be vaccinated due to medical reasons, a medical contraindication certificate may need to be provided as part of the application process.
We require this information in order to assess your job application. If you do not disclose the requested information, we may not be able to process your application.
If the above excites you, and even makes you a little nervous, then we want you to apply! It’s an exciting and transformative time for us and we need creative, collaborative and great people like you.
OZ Minerals is an equal opportunity employer and supports diversity within its workforce. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are encouraged to apply.
Shortlisting will start immediately. Apply now!