Support Technician Digital
Job Type: Full time
We are an Australian-based modern mining company with a focus on copper. Listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX100), we own and operate the copper-gold mine at Prominent Hill, the copper mine at Carrapateena, and have assets in Brazil. We also have a pipeline of earn-in agreements with experienced exploration companies in Australia and internationally. One of our current exciting projects includes the West Musgrave Project, situated in Western Australia.
By 2023 we will be a global, copper-core, Modern Mining Company, delivering superior value with multiple operating assets underpinned by a diverse exploration and project pipeline.
Our growth strategy is focused on value creation and we achieve success by creating value for all stakeholders, underpinned by safety, capital discipline and our How We Work Together principles – our foundations for success.
OZ Minerals - A Modern Mining Company
Help us set up our newest, open pit mining project! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cElIgfUrOy0
West Musgrave will be one of the world’s largest, lowest cost, lowest emissions copper-nickel projects, built and operated by OZ Minerals, a modern mining company.
You could be part of the team that helps to deliver this exciting mine, set within the Australian landscape. And we welcome anyone who’s seeking to make a real difference.
Our West Musgrave nickel-copper project is located on Ngaanyatjarra country, in the Musgrave Province of Central Western Australia, and includes the Nebo and Babel nickel-copper deposits and the Succoth copper deposit.
West Musgrave, which has a 26-year mine life, will be an owner-operator mining operation and in addition to being powered by ~80 per cent renewable energy, the Project scope includes a pathway to net zero Scope 1 emissions by 2038.
The Project will feature an Autonomous Haulage System and remote operations from day one and our workforce will be a flexible, technology enabled team supported by remote operations to improve safety outcomes and maximise opportunities for flexible working and diverse participation.
At OZ Minerals we strive to be modern. We’re guided by our purpose, “Going beyond what’s possible to make lives better” and seek to ethically and responsibly explore, mine and sell modern minerals. In doing so, we are contributing to a low carbon future and economic wellbeing which, in turn, helps us achieve our purpose and contribute to a better future.
About The Role
Location: West Musgrave Site / Perth / Virtual
Roster: 8 days on 6 days off West Musgrave / 5 days on 2 days off Perth
Reporting to: Lead - Digital Delivery
Contract Type: Permanent
Pay & Benefits: We offer competitive Australian mining industry pay and benefits. We can talk about specifics later.
Reporting to the Lead - Digital Delivery, you will support the Project capability required to deliver the West Musgrave project through the construction and operations readiness phase, as part of the OZ Minerals’ growth strategy.
Your primary function is to be the face of Digital at the West Musgrave site and Perth office, shaping the role to be an integral part of the team. You will enable a seamless digital experience and deliver outstanding service by providing level 1, 2 and 3 Digital support, including video conferencing and printing systems to the West Musgrave team.
Leaving hierarchy at the door, you will build relationships with internal and external stakeholders and have a relentless focus on collaboration.
Identifying threats and opportunities is second nature. You thrive on innovation and seek out new ideas from your team and partners to create value. You will be confident to bring new thinking to old problems and challenge the status quo for a future mine site.
You are a champion of the How We Work Together principles and behaviours. Safety is in your DNA and will practice only safe working behaviours and instructions
The Support Technician Digital role will focus on ensuring the West Musgrave Project is safely delivered on time and on budget. Specifically, this includes responsibility for supporting the West Musgrave Digital Team and for providing onsite and remote technical support to our staff base.
- Efficiently deliver technical support via various mediums to the West Musgrave workforce
- Regularly engage with key ICT desktop users to evaluate performance and accuracy
- Update and maintain Standard procedures ensuring safe practices
- Support and maintain the relationship with key business customers relating to ICT desktop systems and associated products and services activities
- Contribute to a positive team culture and knowledge share of skills within a high performing team
- Seek ways to streamline and automate processes as well as creating a fundamentally positive technology experience for the West Musgrave workforce
- Ensure routine network and server maintenance is completed according to scheduled requirements
- Anti-virus and software patching on ICT Desktop systems is updated according to business expectations
- Take ownership of the resolution or escalation of incidents and completion of requests within agreed timeframes
- Understand and support the delivery of the ICT Strategy
This role requires a self-motivated, hands on and values-based individual with a desire to deliver best practice outcomes with skills, experience, and personal attributes including:
- A professional willing to go beyond what's possible to provide excellent customer service
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in an IT Support Role providing level 1, level 2 and remote hands for level 3 & 4 support
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows Server and desktop operating systems, Office 365, Microsoft Active Directory, and RDS
- A general understanding of technical infrastructure, including firewalls, networking, and virtualisation
- Experience using ticketing system – Service Now well regarded
- Excellent time management with the ability to perform under pressure and to autonomously manage future demand and roster locations
- Capability to work in agile ways, and a knowledge of agile methodology
- Willingness to work on a flexible roster across the Perth office and West Musgrave site to deliver optimum services and outcomes
- An excellent communicator, able to set and manage expectations in writing, through calls and in person
- Resilience – an ability to find ways to execute new ideas
- Employees looking for flexible work
OZ Minerals is a copper-focused, global, modern mining company based in South Australia. Listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX100) OZ Minerals has a growth strategy focused on creating value for all stakeholders.
We are working towards being a great Modern Mining Company. The difference between good companies and great companies is their ability to align their people and execute their strategy. We value each employee and the unique contribution they bring to OZ Minerals. We’re excited to hear your ideas and the contribution you can make to helping us achieve our strategy. We also genuinely care, we care about our people, our environment, the heritage of the peoples we work with and the communities we operate in.
Unlock your potential and help us challenge the status quo, while doing the best work of your life. We want creative and passionate people on our team, who can go beyond what's possible to make lives better. What we do is centered around creating shared value for our stakeholders.
And how we do things is what makes us unique. We know everyone's best work takes different shapes and forms, and we are committed to empowering and harnessing this difference. For us, development is continuous, learning is holistic, and How We Work Together is more than just a tagline.
Who are we? We are OZ Minerals, a modern mining company.
If the above excites you, and even makes you a little nervous, then we want you to apply! It’s an exciting and transformative time for us and we need creative, collaborative and great people like you.
OZ Minerals is an equal opportunity employer and supports diversity within its workforce. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are encouraged to apply.
Applications close Monday 27 March 2023.
Shortlisting will commence immediately, apply now!