Superintendent - Mineral Process Plant Maintenance
Job Type: Full time
We are an Australian-based modern mining company with a focus on copper. Listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX100), we own and operate the copper-gold mine at Prominent Hill, the copper mine at Carrapateena, and have assets in Brazil. We also have a pipeline of earn-in agreements with experienced exploration companies in Australia and internationally. One of our current exciting projects includes the West Musgrave Project, situated in Western Australia.
By 2023 we will be a global, copper-core, Modern Mining Company, delivering superior value with multiple operating assets underpinned by a diverse exploration and project pipeline.
Our growth strategy is focused on value creation and we achieve success by creating value for all stakeholders, underpinned by safety, capital discipline and our How We Work Together principles – our foundations for success.
OZ Minerals - A Modern Mining Company
Help us set up our newest, open pit mining project!
West Musgrave will be one of the world’s largest, lowest cost, lowest emissions copper-nickel projects, built and operated by OZ Minerals, a modern mining company.
You could be part of the team that helps to deliver this exciting mine, set within the Australian landscape. And we welcome anyone who’s seeking to make a real difference.
Our West Musgrave nickel-copper project is located on Ngaanyatjarra country, in the Musgrave Province of Central Western Australia, and includes the Nebo and Babel nickel-copper deposits and the Succoth copper deposit.
West Musgrave, which has a 26-year mine life, will be an owner-operator mining operation and in addition to being powered by ~80 per cent renewable energy, the Project scope includes a pathway to net zero Scope 1 emissions by 2038.
The Project will feature an Autonomous Haulage System and remote operations from day one and our workforce will be a flexible, technology enabled team supported by remote operations to improve safety outcomes and maximise opportunities for flexible working and diverse participation.
At OZ Minerals we strive to be modern. We’re guided by our purpose, “Going beyond what’s possible to make lives better” and seek to ethically and responsibly explore, mine and sell modern minerals. In doing so, we are contributing to a low carbon future and economic wellbeing which, in turn, helps us achieve our purpose and contribute to a better future.
About The Role
Location: 2023 – Q4 2024 - Adelaide/Perth. Post Q4 2024 – West Musgrave
Roster: 5:2 Monday to Friday / Flexible with transition to site-based role around Quarter 4 2024. We are keen to speak with you about how you will make this work!
Reporting to: Manager – Asset Maintenance
Contract Type: Permanent
Pay & Benefits: We offer competitive Australian mining industry pay and benefits. We can talk about specifics later.
The Superintendent – Mineral Process Plant Maintenance will support the Operational Readiness activities required to ensure effective preparation and transition into operations for the West Musgrave Mine which is a part of OZ Minerals' growth strategy.
The primary purpose of this role is to deliver Mineral Processing and Site Services Operation and Maintenance execution activities that will ensures the asset performance targets in the early stages of mine operations. The Superintendent Mineral Process Plant Maintenance role will lead a highly capable execution team that can complete activities to a high standard while maintaining safety standards onsite. Above all, you will foster a culture of care for our people and community.
- Development & implementation of safety culture that ensures zero harm on annual basis.
- Ensure compliance the process & performance standards of Oz Minerals
- Manage day-to-day activities of a group of maintenance Supervisors.
- Form effective working relationships with key maintenance staff across operational areas to ensure a standardised maintenance planning approach.
- Work with Integrated Planning & Processing team to ensure production operating strategies and tactics for Mineral Processing Plant assets are developed and implemented including maintenance shutdowns.
- Accountable for preparing maintenance budgets to achieve business outcomes for the operations by.
- Prepare and present budgets to senior management teams.
- Manage the Defect elimination for all fixed plant equipment.
- Assist asset maintenance engineering groups with data analysis to ensure improvement in asset performance.
- Ensure maintenance systems are updated to ensure corrective actions are implemented.
- Fixed plant asset performance is monitored, and processes are in place to identify and drive improvement opportunities.
- Baseline capability and capacity of installed fixed plant is understood.
- Project Improvement, includes implementation & development of Improvement, Change, Six Sigma & Lean.
This role requires a self-motivated, hands on and values-based individual with a desire to deliver best practice outcomes with skills, experience, and personal attributes including:
- An experienced Processing Plant Maintenance Superintendent with 5 years mining experience
- Demonstrated health, safety and wellbeing of a workforce.
- Can demonstrate capability in the application of SAP as the CMMS
- Strong understanding and application of core asset management practices
- A communicator with solid experience in promoting and strengthening the organisation's culture.
- Ability to impact and install a genuine We Care culture in the safety space.
- Strong organisational and time management skills with ability to multi-task, prioritise responsibilities and meet deadlines.
- A team player, supportive of team, peers, and partners.
- Ability to influence and mentor at all levels and develop partnering relationships.
OZ Minerals is a copper-focused, global, modern mining company based in South Australia. Listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX100) OZ Minerals has a growth strategy focused on creating value for all stakeholders.
We are working towards being a great Modern Mining Company. The difference between good companies and great companies is their ability to align their people and execute their strategy. We value each employee and the unique contribution they bring to OZ Minerals. We’re excited to hear your ideas and the contribution you can make to helping us achieve our strategy. We also genuinely care, we care about our people, our environment, the heritage of the peoples we work with and the communities we operate in.
Unlock your potential and help us challenge the status quo, while doing the best work of your life. We want creative and passionate people on our team, who can go beyond what's possible to make lives better. What we do is centered around creating shared value for our stakeholders. And how we do things is what makes us unique. We know everyone's best work takes different shapes and forms, and we are committed to empowering and harnessing this difference. For us, development is continuous, learning is holistic, and How We Work Together is more than just a tagline.
Who are we? We are OZ Minerals, a modern mining company.
If the above excites you, and even makes you a little nervous, then we want you to apply! It’s an exciting and transformative time for us and we need creative, collaborative and great people like you.
OZ Minerals is an equal opportunity employer and supports diversity within its workforce. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are encouraged to apply.
Applications close Friday 31st March 2023.
Shortlisting will commence immediately, apply now!
SA and remote elsewhere in Australia
OZ Minerals is committed to ensuring the health and safety of its workers and others in the workplace and providing and maintaining a work environment which is without risks to health and safety.
Accordingly, in the course of the successful candidate's employment, they will be required to comply with any relevant COVID-19 public health orders and any controls, policies and procedures concerning COVID-19 as implemented and amended by OZ Minerals from time to time.
As part of the recruitment process you will be required to answer certain questions about your COVID-19 vaccination status and may be required to produce evidence (to the satisfaction of OZ Minerals) concerning these matters. If you are unable to be vaccinated due to medical reasons, a medical contraindication certificate may need to be provided as part of the application process.
We require this information in order to assess your job application. If you do not disclose the requested information, we may not be able to process your application.