Job Type: Full time
OZ Minerals is now proudly part of BHP, with the acquisition strengthening BHP’s portfolio in copper and nickel, helping to meet the worlds increasing demand for the critical minerals needed for electric vehicles, wind turbines and solar panels, to supporting the energy transition to a cleaner and more sustainable future.
In combining our two organisations we will be able to provide more options for growth, bringing new talent and innovation together to unlock these resources in a sustainable way, and deliver value to our shareholders and the communities in which we operate.
Our strategy has and will always be to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success. As we work through this transitional period of bringing both organisations safely together, we know that some processes will take longer than others and for now we will be continuing to temporarily recruit roles for our West Musgrave project within the OZ Minerals recruiting platform.
Reporting to the Manager Emergency Services and Security, you will support the project by providing advice and attending to high-risk situations including Fire, Rescue, Medical, Confined Space rescue and management while on site.
Your primary day to day function will be to provide 24/7 on-call point of contact for all types of emergencies while on site.
You will play a key role in developing and strengthening a culture based on the How We Work Together (HWWT) principles and the West Musgrave We Care approach. You will also communicate with local communities and Traditional Owners, supporting a transparent and proactive engagement strategy.
Leaving hierarchy at the door, you will build relationships with internal and external stakeholders and have a relentless focus on collaboration.
Identifying threats and opportunities is second nature. You thrive on innovation and seek out new ideas from your team and others to create value.
About the Role
Location: West Musgrave Site
Roster: 8 days on 6 days off
Reporting to: Manager Emergency Services and Security
Contract Type: Fixed Term until January 2025
Pay & Benefits: We offer competitive Australian mining industry pay and benefits. We can talk about specifics later.
The Nurse role will focus on ensuring the West Musgrave Project is safely delivered on time and on budget. Specifically, this includes
- Implement and assess the effectiveness of Safe Operating Procedures, Safe Operating Practices and ER guidelines consistent with the core function of the Emergency Response Team.
- Provide 24/7 on-call point of contact for all types of emergencies while on site.
- Continue to foster relationships and contact with other, service agencies, and personnel including ST John WA, DFES, WAPOL and similar.
- Inspect, audit, and maintain emergency response equipment in a state of continuous readiness.
- Provide advice to departments across site regarding high-risk situations including Fire Rescue, Medical, Confined Space Rescue and Management.
- Cover the medical centre during times of RN leave as required
- Facilitate occupational health and medical programs including health promotion and education.
- Providing support to the Health & Safety team to include incident investigation as required
- Following the construction phase of the project, this role will need to demonstrate the ability to help build a strong team culture and foster the training needs of Emergency Services volunteer members within Operations
This role requires a self-motivated, hands on and values-based individual with a desire to deliver best practice outcomes with skills, experience, and personal attributes including:
- Qualifications in Nursing registered with APRHA
- Cert III Emergency Response and Rescue or equivalent qualification is desirable.
- Cert IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40116) is desirable.
- Workplace Drug and Alcohol testing certification HLTPAT005
- Extensive Emergency Services background, with previous emergency response experience within a remote setting.
- Background in Emergency Management and IMT functionality will be highly regarded
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A communicator with solid experience in promoting and strengthening the organisation's culture.
- Ability to impact and install a genuine We Care culture in the safety space.
- A team player, supportive of team, peers, and partners
If the above excites you, and even makes you a little nervous, then we want you to apply! It’s an exciting and transformative time for us and we need creative, collaborative and great people like you.
We are an equal opportunity employer who supports diversity within our workforce. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are encouraged to apply.
Applications close 2 June 2023.
Shortlisting will commence immediately, apply now!
An exciting opportunity for a Nurse to join a team using renewables and technology to deliver a world class mine. Be part of a unique culture where you are supported to be the best you can be, both at work and in your personal life.
Is having a job with Purpose important to you? A role where you consistently deliver exceptional results and 'Go Beyond What's Possible, To Make Lives Better?'
At West Musgrave, we focus on both WHAT and HOW you deliver exceptional results. The OZWay and our HWWT Principles and Behaviours are what guide us. Genuine care for our people is supported by Work Life Plans and our We Care Safety program. With Development Plans a key enabler to ensuring you will always be learning and growing, we are committed to supporting our workforce to be the best they can be.