Senior Geologist - Mining
Job Type: Full time
Join Australia's most exciting new underground mining project. Carrapateena will be a large scale world class mine built and operated by world class people. We are building a modern mine site in South Australia and getting operationally ready for seamless commissioning. This role is now available and we need your help.
At OZ Minerals Carrapateena, we value your ideas and encourage you to champion innovation and collaboration. We are a mid-tier mining company so you will not get lost in the crowd or tangled in bureaucracy. Rather, we unlock your value and offer opportunities that supercharge your career.
OZ Minerals is now proudly part of BHP, with the acquisition strengthening BHP's portfolio in copper and nickel, helping to meet the worlds increasing demand for the critical minerals needed for electric vehicles, wind turbines and solar panels, to supporting the energy transition to a cleaner and more sustainable future.
Carrapateena is a large-scale, world class modern mine operated by world class people. This exciting role is now available, and we want the very best of the best on deck to lead the team and collectively deliver exceptional results.
At Carrapateena, we believe our greatest asset is our people and we are working hard to provide a wonderful mix of age, cultural and geographical backgrounds to further enrich our inclusive workplace culture. We truly value your ideas and encourage you to champion innovation and collaboration, we are here to unlock your value and offer opportunities that supercharge your career to go beyond what is possible.
Location: Carrapateena, South Australia (60-minute flight from Adelaide / 30-minute flight from Port Augusta)
Roster: 8 days on; 6 days off
Reporting to: Superintendent – Geology, Carrapateena
How You Will Create Impact
In the role ‘Senior Geologist - Mining’ you will be responsible for leading a team of geologists and technicians to execute:
- All requirements of key mine geology functions including sampling, mapping, reconciliation, input to depletion, investigation of, and reporting on, variances, inclusive of grade, volume, and deleterious elements
- Management of geological database/s
- Internal auditing of geology functions ensuring consistency with industry best practice and business strategy. Includes continuous development of process flows, and an overarching geological management plan
- Ongoing mentoring, coaching and guidance to graduate geologists and technicians
- Collaboration with internal and external stakeholders to drive value add projects
- Consistent communications to key stakeholders with respect to geological grade, model, and plan predictive performance
- Other geological role functions as required, inclusive of site safety leadership expectations.
What We Value
- Extensive experience in underground hard rock Geology
- Exposure to IOCG style orebodies or base metal deposits
- Demonstrated ability to deliver and drive safe geology practices
- Experience using geology related software inclusive of:
- Leapfrog Geo & Central
- Experience leading a team of geology professionals
- Undergraduate qualifications in earth sciences (geology, geophysics).
Unlock your potential and help us challenge the status quo, while doing the best work of your life.
We want creative and passionate people on our team, who can go beyond what's possible to make lives better.
What we do is centered around creating shared value for our stakeholders. And how we do things is what makes us unique.
We know everyone's best work takes different shapes and forms, and we are committed to empowering and harnessing this difference.
For us, development is continuous, learning is holistic!
We are an inclusive workplace and encourage applications from indigenous people and women. Once you have joined us, we are different than we were before, and better because of what you bring.
If you think you can make a difference, please apply below.
Applications close in two weeks.