Short Term Scheduling Engineer
Job Type: Full time
We are an Australian-based modern mining company with a focus on copper. Listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX100), we own the Prominent Hill copper-gold mine, are currently constructing the ~A$1b Carrapateena copper-gold operation, have operating and exploration holdings in Brazil; as well as a significant pipeline of project opportunities with exploration earn-ins and projects under study.
By 2023 we will be a global, copper-core, Modern Mining Company, delivering superior value with multiple operating assets underpinned by a diverse exploration and project pipeline.
At OZ Minerals Prominent Hill, we value your ideas and encourage you to champion innovation and collaboration. We are a mid-tier mining company so you will not get lost in the crowd or tangled in bureaucracy. Rather, we unlock your value and offer opportunities that supercharge your career.
BHP and OZ Minerals
OZ Minerals is now proudly part of BHP, with the acquisition strengthening BHP’s portfolio in copper and nickel, helping to meet the worlds increasing demand for the critical minerals needed for electric vehicles, wind turbines and solar panels, to supporting the energy transition to a cleaner and more sustainable future.
In combining our two organisations we will be able to provide more options for growth, bringing new talent and innovation together to unlock these resources in a sustainable way, and deliver value to our shareholders and the communities in which we operate.
Our strategy has and will always be to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success. As we work through this transitional period of bringing both organisations safely together, we know that some processes will take longer than others and for now we will be continuing to temporarily recruit roles for our Prominent Hill team within the OZ Minerals recruiting platform.
Your New Role:
This permanent role is responsible for the development of the weekly mining forecast in alignment with rolling monthly plan (13wk forecast). Working closely with all stakeholders to ensure the schedule meets all requirements, whilst effectively communicating the mine schedule to all stakeholders.
Location: Prominent Hill , South Australia (60-minute flight from Adelaide / 30-minute flight from Port Augusta)
Roster: 8 days on; 6 days off
Employment Type: Permanent Full-Time
How you will create impact:
- Tracking of the mine schedule to ensure compliance to plan
- Monitor and maintain quality data with respect to underground performance for development of equipment inputs into the weekly mining forecast
- Identifying schedule critical paths, risks and opportunities
- Chairing of daily production meetings and completing follow up actions
- Develop innovative solutions to overcome threats in the mine schedule
- Undertake any projects necessary to improve mine planning processes
- Assist Medium Term Planning Engineers with generation of 13wk forecast
- Time-in-field to ensure scheduling priorities are achievable in a safe and efficient manner
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Degree in Mining Engineering or equivalent
- At least 1 year as a Mining Engineer in an UG mine
- 12 months practical UG time desirable
- Good understanding of UG mining systems
- Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships
- Actively promote safe production
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- MS Office skills
- Deswik CAD & SCH experience
- SA Driver’s Licence or equivalent
If the above excites you, and even makes you a little nervous, then we want you to apply! It’s an exciting and transformative time for us; and we need creative, collaborative and great people like you.
Applications close: 24 September 2023