Advanced Locomotive Driver
Job Type: Full time
Pacific National is one of Australia's largest rail providers. We handle and haul millions of tonnes of agricultural and resource commodities, retail goods, manufacturing products, construction and other materials that keep the region's economy, businesses and households running. We employ around 4000 people in over 100 sites across Australia. Join our team as we continue to strive to become market leaders in logistic services that connect businesses and their markets across Australia.
About the opportunity
We are looking to hire qualified Locomotive Driver on a full-time basis at our Clyde depot for our Bulk Freight operations. The roles report into the Supervisor and will be working on a 24/7 roster. And will be working in a small but focused team.
The primary objective of a Locomotive Driver is to prepare, manage and operate locomotives and trains safely in accordance with their level of competency, safe working qualifications and established Pacific National’s operational procedures and agreements, in order to meet customer and operational requirements.
Other key responsibilities include:
- Working with key internal stakeholders to achieve a 'Delivered In-Full, On-Time' (DIFOT) performance for the Pacific National group.
- Proactively working towards and supporting the achievement of safety goals.
- Provisioning and preparing locomotives for train operations including checking and testing control systems as well as preparing relevant compliance documentation.
- Performing and maintaining locomotive train operations in accordance with specifications and procedures.
- On-going commitment to company values of safety, customer, people and teamwork and performance.
About your experience
- Proven rail freight locomotive driving experience
- Our ideal candidate will have a Cert 4 in Train Driving
- You will display a high regard for safety
- You will demonstrate a positive and supportive attitude when working within a team environment
- Have basic level of computer literacy is required
- Be focused on customer needs and requirements
- Willingness to undertake ongoing training and development activities is a must
- A current motor vehicle licence required
- You must be available and flexible to work a 24/7 roster that includes both local working and barracks working
- You will support and embrace continuous improvements and change
Pacific National (PN) is the largest provider of diversified rail freight services in Australia. We haul a variety of freight including coal, intermodal containers, steel, and a range of bulk commodities and materials that keep the region’s economy, businesses and households running. We operate nationally with approximately 3,500 staff in over 90+ sites across Australia.
Join us as we continue to transform our business and shape the rail freight industry, to achieve our vision of becoming Australia’s recognised leader for safe, innovative and sustainable rail freight solutions.
We are seeking applicants who share our values: Make it simple, share more, Kindness, Gratitude, Curiosity, and Own it. These values help us achieve strong connections with everyone we work with and play an important part in motivating us all to do our best work.
Applications close on 20 December 2022
Are you ready to be part of our future?
To apply, please click on the 'Apply' button below and follow the prompts.
To find out more about Pacific National, our benefits and opportunities we offer, visit our careers page: www.pacificnational.com.au/careers
Home Safely Every Day – Pacific National’s top priority is getting you home to your family safely every day.