Bulk Ops Advanced Locomotive Driver
Location: Moss Vale
Job Type: Full time
SIGN ON BONUS FOR QUALIFED DRIVERS
- Become part of a team that is championing safety and personal development
- It’s an exciting time to join Pacific National in this permanent opportunity at Moss Vale
Pacific National is committed to diversity in our workforce and encourages women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply.
We are seeking Qualified Locomotive Drivers who like to join Pacific National on a full-time basis at Moss Vale Freight operations. The roles report into the Operations Manager and will be working on a 24/7 roster.
The primary objective of a Locomotive Driver is to prepare, manage and operate locomotives and trains safely in accordance with their level of competency, safe working qualifications and established Pacific National’s operational procedures and agreements, in order to meet customer and operational requirements.
Key responsibilities include:
- Working with key internal stakeholders to achieve a 'Delivered In-Full, On-Time' (DIFOT) performance for the Pacific National group.
- Proactively working towards and supporting the achievement of safety goals.
- Provisioning and preparing locomotives for train operations including checking and testing control systems as well as preparing relevant compliance documentation.
- Performing and maintaining locomotive train operations in accordance with specifications and procedures.
- On-going commitment to company values of safety, customer, people and teamwork and performance.
- Proven rail freight locomotive driving experience
- You are a qualified driver level 4 (as per the PN Bulk Rail EA 2018) or similar
- You have a completed Cert 4 in Train Driving
- You will display a high regard for safety
- You will demonstrate a positive and supportive attitude when working within a team environment
- Willingness to undertake ongoing training and development activities is a must
- A current motor vehicle licence required
- You must be available and flexible to work a 24/7 roster that includes both local working and barracks working
- You will support and embrace continuous improvements and change
Pacific National (PN) is the largest provider of diversified rail freight services in Australia. We haul a variety of freight including coal, intermodal containers, steel, and a range of bulk commodities and materials that keep the region’s economy, businesses and households running. We operate nationally with approximately 3,500 staff in over 90+ sites across Australia.
We continue to provide a dynamic, innovative, growth-focused environment and we are a company that lives and breathes its values of: Make it simple, share more, Kindness, Gratitude, Curiosity, and Own it. These values help us achieve strong connections with everyone we work with, and play an important part in motivating us all to do our best work
*The offer of a sign-on bonus is applicable for qualified drivers that have completed a recognised Cert IV Rail Operations and are currently working external.
We value diversity, inclusion and collaboration in our workforce and encourage everyone to apply to any vacancies across our business.
Applications close on 21 December 2022
Continue to build your career with us.
For more information, please contact Bobbie-Jo from the HR team on
Please note prior to applying for any vacancy, employees are required to discuss with their manager their intention to apply for another role within the business.
Home Safely Every Day - Our top priority is getting you home to your family safely every day.